The Eclipse Foundation provides individuals and organizations with a business-friendly environment for open source software collaboration and innovation. The Foundation is home to the Eclipse IDE, Jakarta EE, and over 415 open source projects, including runtimes, tools, and frameworks for cloud and edge applications, IoT, AI, automotive, digital ledger technologies, and many others.
We are looking for a Content and Digital Marketing Specialist who will execute the Eclipse Foundations global marketing strategy and communicate with the Eclipse Foundation’s community. This role is responsible for developing compelling, captivating, and concise content that makes an impact on our developer audience, ensuring community engagement and satisfaction, and driving overall audience growth.
The successful candidate will be a highly creative and enthusiastic self-starter who strives for excellence, with a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of technical and business stakeholders and team members. This position requires attention to detail, relationship building, and project management skills.
If you are innately creative and are looking for an opportunity to execute a global marketing strategy, this is the job for you!
- Develop and implement a content-based digital marketing strategy focusing on demand generation, social media campaigns, and efforts that drive awareness and enable community growth.
- Create high-quality resources to grow the awareness of and participation in the Eclipse community and projects (e.g., ebooks, white papers, infographics, videos, webinars, etc.)
- Manage the social media communication channels for the Eclipse Foundation and working groups.
- Forecast, measure and report the results of digital marketing initiatives. Propose improved ways of operating based on the data.
- Help generate membership leads, working with the Membership Services team and Eclipse Foundation Working Group Program Managers.
- Blog on an ongoing basis in support of working groups and to attract website visitors through search, social, and newsletter subscriptions.
- Collaborate with internal teams, Foundation project teams, and external influencers to produce relevant content (including announcements, press releases, website copy, blog posts, videos, case studies, etc.) that meets the needs of key stakeholders and our audiences.
- Collaborate with senior management and prominent members of the Eclipse community to develop and pitch thought leadership articles.
- Act as the editor of Eclipse community newsletters. Build and maintain the Eclipse Foundation’s editorial calendar by staying up to date with industry trends.
- Copy edit and review content for messaging, style guidelines, and voice.
- Ensure consistency of the written identity of Eclipse Foundation brands across all channels: websites, newsletters, blog, email, social, swag, etc.
- Coordinate with members, thought leaders, and other third parties to develop and deliver joint content.
- Working with external technical writers to create and edit various forms of content.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or equivalent. Master’s degree is an asset.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience which could include a combination of co-op, internship and post-graduation experience. Software industry experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing and producing compelling online content, as well as channel-specific knowledge (e.g., blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content
- Knowledgeable about the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and measurement
- Demonstrated competencies in search engine and social media paid ads, SEO campaigns, Google Analytics & Google Adwords.
- Experience using HubSpot is considered an asset.
- Adept at working in a metrics-driven culture where you are accountable for content related KPIs.
- Experience pitching, authoring, and placing content externally through guest blogging
- Fluent in English with proven proficiency of working in an English business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to influence without direct control or authority
- Experience working in developer communities
- Knowledge of the Eclipse Foundation community
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and Drupal
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work independently
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter. We offer a competitive annual salary and comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website.
This is a permanent, full-time position, with the candidate eligible to participate in our competitive benefits package, including participating in our RRSP matching program.
The Eclipse Foundation respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.