Nuvyyo, makers of the Tablo OTA DVR for cord cutters, is looking for an Android Developer who is passionate about creating beautiful, polished apps that customers love using. In this role, you will design and implement new features for the Tablo Android apps, on mobile devices and on smart TVs. We are looking for self-starters who will hit the ground running from day one.
We're a small team that cares deeply about building the best user experiences. We sweat the details from the UI all the way down to the well-tested codebase. There’s never a shortage of interesting and challenging work to get done. We all wear a lot of hats, and you will too. We’re constantly experimenting with new tools and technology. We also use GitHub, Slack, and Clubhouse for planning and collaborating.
What You'll Do
- Own features for the Android apps from concept through development and implementation.
- Ensure that your code works as designed by writing automated unit tests, which run as part of our continuous integration workflow.
- Show attention to detail when building user experiences and writing concise, robust, and elegant code.
- Instrument your code to keep the app fast and responsive.
- Participate in code reviews to both teach and learn from your peers.
- Provide occasional coverage on other platforms and update documentation.
- Brainstorm and experiment with new ideas to help guide the product.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of professional Android development experience.
- Experience building custom views and animations.
- A strong command of Java language.
- Proficiency with at least one other strongly typed programming language.
- Proficiency with functional reactive programming (FRP).
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Kotlin language.
- iOS or tvOS development.
- Hybrid mobile frameworks such as Cordova.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) services such as EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, SES, IAM, Route 53
- Databases (both relational and document-oriented).
- Continuous integration (BuildKite, Jenkins, etc.).
Working at Nuvyyo
We offer competitive salaries with a benefits package.
You'll be working on exciting products in the emerging space of connected TV devices, with lots of opportunities to help shape the Tablo experience.
We are located in the heart of Kanata's technology hub with free parking and easy access to transit.
Interested applicants should prepare a resume and cover letter to submit through this link.