Business Sherpa Group is a business management solutions company dedicated to guiding and supporting small and midsized enterprises to peak business performance. Our Practice Areas include Finance, Bookkeeping, Human Resources, and Executive Solutions. Essentially, we’re an all-star team of virtual back-office specialists. Our ranks include CFOs, Controllers, Bookkeepers, and HR Consultants.
Our Bookkeeping Service offerings are in particularly high demand, so the Practice is growing rapidly. To support the growth of the Practice and the development of our bookkeepers, we’ve created a new position…
In this role you’ll perform full-cycle accounting for a range of clients, and you’ll function as trainer, coach, mentor and supervisor to our junior bookkeepers, helping them deepen their accounting knowledge and polish their client-service skills.
As an ideal candidate, you’re an experienced accountant/bookkeeper with a passion for training and coaching. You’ve worked in a firm or a similarly client-focused environment, and you know what it takes to deliver an exceptional level of service. You’re well-versed in the full bookkeeping cycle, comfortable with QBO, and adept at learning new technologies.
We're based in Ottawa, but this is a remote position, so you could be situated anywhere in Canada.
Manage the full-cycle accounting function for a small number of organizations, including:
- Recording invoices, employee expenses and supplier invoices.
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements and analyzing balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing quarterly government remittances.
- Managing payroll and benefits, including related remittances.
- Preparing month- and year-end working papers for assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Solving accounting puzzles by researching and reconciling discrepancies.
Take a lead role in training and mentoring our bookkeeping team, including:
- Developing training tools and materials.
- Planning and facilitating one-one-one and group training sessions.
- Ensuring accuracy, quality, and client satisfaction.
- Building a culture of teamwork, collegiality, commitment, accountability and excellence.
- Significant hands-on experience in full-cycle accounting, including AP/R, reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and payroll, in a range of organizations, including private sector and not-for-profit.
- Post-secondary education in accounting.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals like double-entry accounting.
- A passion for training, mentoring and guiding new professionals.
- The ability to teach, motivate and inspire your charges while also holding them to account.
- Skilled in QuickBooks (ideally QBO) and Excel.
- Enthusiastic about tools that automate bookkeeping processes (Hubdoc, Plooto, Dext).
- Conscientiousness – you’re driven to ensure that things are done well.
- A full suite of consulting skills – the ability to manage your time and clients.
- Dynamism – you’re a natural entrepreneur energized by growth, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Team-orientation – you’re excited to be part of a truly collegial, supportive team and organization.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our website. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Business Sherpa Group is an equal opportunity employer and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We recognize the value of diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We provide accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
Business Sherpa Group respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection processes.