Since 1985, Maverick Volleyball has been serving Ottawa and its surrounding communities by providing youth with high quality volleyball programs, competitive and high-performance teams. We take pride in our successful track record of promoting and fostering leadership, organizational, team and life skills for all who participate in our programs.
Maverick Volleyball Corp. is hiring a full-time dedicated Athlete Development Specialist (ADS) to deliver a variety of programs in the Ottawa area. The ideal candidate is bilingual, enthusiastic, and a good communicator. For the experienced development and competitive coach, this position offers a rare opportunity to spend most of their time doing what they love – coaching. The ADS is responsible for coaching athletes in a variety of programs in Learn to Play levels, Competitive Training Centres, elite training along with the Sport Studies program. As a leader, they are an expert in providing training and competitive guidance to athletes as well as passing on their experience to developing coaches.
- Head Coach of the Sport Studies program: Responsible for developing the curriculum, evaluating, selecting and training athletes, creating the annual plan with practice and competition schedule, and working with mental and strength trainers to create well-rounded athletes.
- Head Coach of Learn-to-play and competitive programs: Deliver existing programs to athletes of a wide range of skills and ages, and mentor and develop Associate Coaches.
- Camp Director: On-site lead in facilitating and delivering summer camp programming based on a developed curriculum as well as their own professional experience. As Camp Director they oversee all programming and the Associate Coaches to ensure camps are delivered to the highest standard
- Club specific training programs: Elite summer programs, position specific specialty training and individual one-on-one training as needed.
- Bilingual (English, French)
- Minimum of 5 years of volleyball coaching experience
- Education specialist (Bachelor of Education in Kinesiology or beyond preferred)
- Certified Advance Development Coach (preferred)
- Certified Official (Asset)
- Sports injury management training (Asset)
If you're interested in this role, please apply using this link.