For more than 50 years, MP Lundy Construction has been providing the best possible construction experience to our clients in the Ottawa area. We understand that every client has unique needs, and the undertaking of a major construction project can be a challenging and stressful time. This is why we believe in employing a team of diverse individuals who excel at meeting these challenges, and ensuring phenomenal project success.
MP Lundy Construction is looking for an experienced BIM & VDC Manager where you will have the opportunity to make your mark on the company. The successful candidate will leverage BIM tools during every phase of a project from preconstruction, construction and project turnover. Using those BIM tools, this role will provide critical services to project teams in design & construction coordination; scheduling; quantity & cost estimating; scanning; virtual reality, 3D printing; and model layout, checking and analysis. They will balance technical acumen with creative problem solving, will be knowledgeable in the latest approaches in the field and highly motivated to drive the implementation of these and new technologies on each of our projects and within the company.
About the Role
- Establish and maintain BIM and VDC protocols within the Company and with our outside Consultants & Trade partners.
- Develop and execute Project Specific BIM and VDC plans, clearly communicate these plans to our Consultants and Site Teams.
- Create and manage BIM process on projects throughout Preconstruction and Construction Phases.
- Manage and direct Consultants and Site Teams in the development, production, and maintenance of 3D models on specific projects for use during all phases.
- Analyze models provided by Consultants & manage adjustments for internal use in Preconstruction and Construction Operations.
- Work with Trades to develop and maintain their 3D models, including integration into the VDC process.
- Create learning/teaching opportunities for MP Lundy Teams with regards to BIM & VDC tools.
- Participate in meetings proving technical advice and guidance.
- Utilize models to support Preconstruction.
- Create and manage document quantity take-off
- Work with Preconstruction and Site Teams to generate 3D/4D site logistics plans.
- Review and implement software to enable 4D visualizations that will be able to communicate Schedule and Sequence of Work.
- Review and implement software to enable 5D Life Cycle Costing in relation to future property holdings.
- Review and implement software to create/render Virtual Mock-ups.
- Assist in the creation of Presentation material/ visual aids.
- Research, review and implement software to utilize models in the support of Construction Operations. Provide training to Site Teams on usage on the implemented software.
- Manage Consultants to ensure the BIM model “scope gaps” are found during Preconstruction.
- Review and create methods for managing Clash detection and resolution during Preconstruction and Construction.
- Stay up to date on BIM / VDC best practices and software, act as a Subject Matter Expert advisor for the Company.
- Your passion is BIM & VDC, it truly excites you.
- You have a University Degree or College Diploma in a related field with a minimum of 4 years experience in a BIM/VDC related role.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of organizational skills;
- You love fast-paced environments, working under pressure and to deadlines;
- Your attention to detail is one of your strongest assets;
- You have a good understanding of construction documents and processes, i.e. RFIs, submittals and shop drawings.
- You would say you were an Expert in BIM tools;
- You are technical, but you can communicate your message within a non-technical group with ease.
What We Offer
- Long-term career opportunity offering immediate ability to add value and positively shape the organization.
- A culture of genuine passion, drive, and team spirit.
- Competitive health benefits inclusive of RRSP matching program.
- Competitive total compensation and rewards.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
Please submit your application through LinkedIn here. If this job description sounds like you and you have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.