Paracel Laboratories Ltd. is a full-service environmental and Indoor Air Quality laboratory. Our main laboratory facilities are located in Ottawa and are supported by an environmental lab in Hamilton and microbiology and asbestos laboratories in Mississauga and Calgary. Additional service depots are located in Kingston, London, Niagara, Windsor, and Richmond Hill. We support a broad spectrum of projects for professional clients from across Canada. Our client base primarily consists of major environmental consultants, all levels of government and industrial manufacturers located predominantly in Ottawa, Toronto, Niagara, Eastern and Southwestern Ontario as well as Western Canada.
Paracel Laboratories is actively searching for a Business Development Representative (BDR) with an environmental background to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of Business Development, the BDR will participate in client-facing activities that lead to increased sales opportunities, and will be responsible for building customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the current marketplace. As an ideal candidate for the role, you’re a self-starter with tenacity and ambition. This is a full-time, permanent position.
We have facilities in Richmond Hill and Mississauga. Occasionally you’ll work out of one of those locations, but much of your time will be spent on the road meeting with customers and prospects throughout the GTA. Your remaining time can be spent working out of your home office.
- Manage and sell to existing client base through client calls and other means to grow existing client base.
- Prospect for new clients through networking, cold calls and other means.
- Participate in industry functions, tradeshows and client events both on and off regular business hours.
- Interact and communicate closely with Account Managers and Client Service representatives.
- Participate in client kick-off meetings related to major contracts/projects and other client meetings as necessary.
- Provide quotations and pricing information to clients.
- Possess a clear understanding of the regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a positive corporate attitude and to act as an ambassador.
- Provide Clients with timely and accurate information by consulting with appropriate staff as required.
- Comply with company QA/QC and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.
- Post-secondary Education in an Environmental Science based discipline or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of customer service, or sales related experience.
- Experience in the construction, engineering or drilling consulting services would be an asset.
- Drive and self-motivation.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously to manage projects effectively.
- Organized, efficient and detail-oriented.
- Strong interest and willingness to learn about products and customer needs.
- Forward thinking and pro-active in order to find solutions to problems.
- Have strong computer and written communication skills.
In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter in your application. You can submit your application here. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Initial interviews by phone or video. Work environment set up with appropriate distancing where possible.