Kollaard Associates is staffed with several professional engineers, engineering interns, environmental professionals, civil technologists and draftspersons. Kollaard Associates provides a broad range of consulting services including civil engineering for large and small projects, structural engineering, geotechnical investigation and inspection, hydrogeological investigation, environmental site assessment and materials testing. Our staff has the opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary group that allows its individuals to grow according to their interests and talents.
We are currently looking to hire a Draftsperson to assist our civil engineering department with the design of several industrial, commercial and residential land development projects. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D for land development projects.
- Preparation of land development drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Importing topographical data files from surveying equipment
- Exporting CAD files to support survey staff with sit layouts
- Making drawing revisions in response to review comments
- College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology/Technician or a related discipline
- 2+ years or more of related experience in a drafting position
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of construction practices and techniques
- Basic understanding of structural and architectural drawings, as well as construction sequencing
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, drive, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle
Location of Position
- Kemptville, Ontario
Why work with us?
In addition to offering a highly competitive compensation package, we offer our employees profit sharing opportunities, pension fund matching, eligibility for overtime, and a yearly employee benefits fund. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, follow this link to apply via LinkedIn.
Is your experience close to what we’ve described but maybe you feel you’re missing a few of the requirements? We encourage you to apply anyway. At Kollaard, we look for people with exceptional potential, and we know this can take many forms. We believe the highest performing teams include people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Kollaard respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of the need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate it in your application.