We are currently seeking a dynamic Director to lead our fast paced and growing Economic Research practice.
The Conference Board of Canada is the foremost applied research organization in Canada. Our research teams allow us to study complex issues from multiple perspectives, leveraging our proprietary models and cutting-edge methodologies, supported by a deep understanding of the market, political, and social context they occur. These deeply integrated insights help our clients create meaningful impact within their organization and industry. You will be leading a team of established economic experts and the brightest researchers to provide concrete, independent solutions to the toughest problems.
We are a virtual organization and as a remote worker you must be comfortable and able to work 100 per cent of the time from a home office. To be successful as a remote worker you need to have a self-starter attitude, possess strong organizational and time management skills, and be a proactive communicator.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Work closely with Executive Team lead in providing vision and leadership in advancing and growing the portfolio.
- Strategic orientation with the ability to executive and deliver results.
- Successfully execute on strategy to achieve goals. Meeting annual revenue, operating and stakeholder impact targets.
- Manage and evolve a team and oversee the day-to-day operations of the business unit.
- Demonstrate the values of the organization in all interactions with employees, internal and external stakeholders.
- Anticipate and articulate the emerging trends and critical challenges Canadian leaders face regarding the labour market.
- Function as the lead subject matter expert and embrace the role of spokesperson for the Board speaking with authority and credibility at conferences, seminars, roundtables and media interviews related to economic impact analysis.
- Oversee and lead research projects varying in size, scope and complexity focusing on high quality, impactful projects and results.
- Contribute to the Board's body of knowledge by publishing briefings and reports.
- Communicate effectively with senior leaders across the organization.
- Demonstrate sound financial management.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team lead and other members of the senior management team to anticipate, identify, develop and secure short, medium and long-term opportunities.
- Meet team’s annual revenue and operating targets.
- Secure funding for custom research projects.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A solid understanding of economics and high-level issues in both the private and public sectors.
- A Master’s degree and/or PhD in economics or a related discipline.
- A minimum of eight years of similar experience in a consulting or professional, customer focused environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven success at managing a team of professional staff.
- Ability to communicate research findings to senior executives.
- Proven success at business development including the capacity to identify and implement new growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated success at the development and delivery of strategic goals and objectives.
- An extensive network of contacts with thought leaders and key national and international peer organizations.
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and quickly - advanced writing skills are essential and published work would be a definite asset.
- Experience with leading complex projects from inception to completion.
- Proficiency in the use of computers in an MS Office environment.
- Availability to travel within in Canada and ability for occasional international travel is required.
- Bilingualism would be a definite asset.
- Having a home office environment that provides for a productive, professional, and safe work environment during regular working hours is a requirement of this role.
Please apply through the LinkedIn posting, which you can access here.
No phone calls please. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in The Conference Board of Canada. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, or a medical need, in order to participate in any aspect of the selection process.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.