RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep ocean.
As an Electronics Assembler at RBR, you will be a hands-on individual who has the ability to work independently, take direction from senior team members and produce high quality product. As part of a small team of technical experts, you must be dedicated, an effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Over the last five years, we’ve grown 20% annually and are now ~60 people. We’ve been recognised for three years by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
We provide a balanced work environment complete with a very competitive compensation package.
- Building electromechanical assemblies with high levels of quality;
- Reading and understanding process documentation, bills of materials (BOM), drawings and electrical schematics to assemble product;
- Performing high quality soldering using soldering tools, microscope, and other equipment;
- Working in fast paced environment within a team to support process improvements and cross training initiatives;
- Adhering to all Health and Safety rules and regulations associated with the position.
- Working with Research and Development on new product introductions;
- Maintaining a clean, organized workspace meeting 5S requirements;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in an electronics manufacturing environment;
- Must have mechanical assembly experience as well as electronics;
- Highly competent in the use of assembly tools, equipment, multi meters, with good hand-eye coordination for small sensitive components;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- IPC-A-610 certified;
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED);
- Training in Electro Static Discharge (ESD), and Workplace Hazardous Information Systems (WHMIS);
- Demonstrated experience with fine soldering and high precision work;
- Proficient with computers as well as the capability to learn various programs a must;
- Well organized, team player with good communication skills.
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that explains why you want to work at RBR and what you can uniquely contribute to the team. In addition, as part of our screening process, we require you to complete a personality profile questionnaire using this link.
For more information about RBR, visit our website.