J-Squared has over 25 years of experience exceeding operationally demanding performance environments and serving a broad base of markets including Aerospace, Military, Marine, Mining, Energy, Transportation, and Communications sectors. This foundation, combined with our focus on continuous improvement and exemplary customer service, has resulted in extensive success across the aforementioned industries and markets.
J-Squared Technologies is looking to hire an experienced Embedded Software Developer developer to join our growing Dartmouth based team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for designing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems. You will be required to execute a complete embedded software development lifecycle.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- 5-10 years of proven work experience in embedded software engineering
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Remote team management skills
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in both C and C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS (both Linux and Windows) coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Adequate experience with LabView
- Manufacturing test systems
- Customer support experience
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Conor Rolland via email at email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
J-Squared respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your application.