Founded in 1967, M.P. Lundy Construction (Lundy) protects and supports its clients by providing expert advice and oversight in all matters related to planning and executing complex construction projects across Eastern Ontario.
Our dedication to creating strong professional relationships combined with a tremendous natural desire to see our clients succeed has enabled us to become a leader in customer-focused Design-Build and Construction Management solutions. Since our inception, our continuous evolution has been rooted in the belief that we must always look for ways to improve how we plan, communicate, and execute. With this in mind, our commitment to refining our key processes, year after year, has transformed our organization in a fundamental way and continues to propel us to succeed.
We execute on what we say, we look forward and plan effectively, and we inspire confidence that we can make it happen and deliver predictable results. If you share our commitment to fostering long-term relationships, honouring commitments, and executing on plans, we want to talk to you.
Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Estimator work closely with our chief estimator on a day to day basis, preparing budgets and bids for projects we either have under contract or are competitively pursuing. A key aspect of your role will be using our tools and systems to create accurate quantity takeoffs for various scopes of work between Divisions 2-10. You will assist with reaching out to trades to inform them of jobs we are working on as well as assisting them with gaining a clear understanding of scopes and project requirements.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re energetic, highly organized, value accuracy, and enjoy detailed work. Most importantly, you love to learn and expand your skills.
- Prepare accurate budgets and estimates complete with detailed quantity take-offs.
- Build rapport and coordinate with trades and suppliers.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate new project opportunities with Senior Estimator.
- Manage ordering and pick-ups of all tender documents.
- Attend site walks/showings and document all observations.
- Set-up and maintain new tender opportunities in Procore.
- Using Procore software to issue invitations to subcontractors to participate in a Lundy bid and to confirm their intent to participate in the bid.
- Perform tender wrap-up responsibilities including archiving bids electronically through Procore Project Management software.
- Review, complete and submit requests for bid bonds, builder’s risk etc. for all tender opportunities.
- Collect and distribute all RFI’s and amendments to tender documents issued during tender period.
- Ensure estimating software is up to date and continuously research the pros and cons of new software opportunities.
- Ensure Lundy’s estimating processes are strictly followed and documented.
- Maintain company prequalification documentation including creating case studies and maintain/update Lundy’s personnel for professional resumes for inclusion in proposal packages and bids.
- Follow-up with Operations team to provide information on debriefs (i.e. subcontractor performance, budget/cost results, etc.) upon completion of projects.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in construction ICI sector estimating.
- You understand the “language” of construction and have proficiency in estimating software and on-screen takeoff tools.
- You have strong social skills and are able to build rapport with trades and suppliers in person and over the phone.
- You are proficient in quantity takeoffs for Divisions 2-10.
- You have a PQS designation (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated success in effectively prioritizing tasks based on demand and deadlines and effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A track record that clearly demonstrates effective leadership when interacting with multiple external clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective and collaborative communicator with the ability to develop productive working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Results and solutions oriented individual.
- Sense of urgency and drive to succeed. Must be comfortable working within a deadline-driven fast paced environment.
Please apply online through our job application platform, which you can access here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about MP Lundy Construction Inc, please visit our website at mplundy.com
MP Lundy Construction respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and hiring processes.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.