Human Resources Generalist
The Bank and Vogue Bank and Vogue group of companies is a family-based business with its global headquarters located in Ottawa, Canada and dedicated to the wholesale, retail and supply of used consumer goods around the world. We operate three separate but complimentary organizations with each playing a unique role in the lifecycle of textile recycling and repurposing.
Bank and Vogue Ltd is a global leader in wholesalers in used goods. With a worldwide supplier and customer base, we locate, purchase, sell and move used goods including clothing, toys, shoes, belts and purses, and other household goods that are considered to be of value in the marketplace. On the retail side, we own and operate Beyond Retro, a leading Vintage and Retro Clothing Chain with stores in the United Kingdom and Sweden and selling globally through www.beyondretro.com. Bank and Vogue Holdings Ltd. is one of North America’s largest sourcing agents in the used and vintage clothing market.
The story of Bank and Vogue is one about following your passion and beliefs, creating opportunities for our suppliers and customers, and building a great family-based business. Most importantly, the purpose of our business is to develop Innovative and Relevant Solutions for the Crisis of Stuff. We aim to find new homes and purposes for the many consumer goods that people throw out or recycle.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated HR professional with 5+ years of experience to affect a global company and to play a key role in a variety of important HR initiatives in this growing organization.Reporting to the Executive Team, you will be responsible for the full HR function for Bank & Vogue, based out of their corporate headquarters in Ottawa.Key areas of responsibility will include recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, policy and procedure development, employee communications and training and development.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Management to strategically plan for the organization's human capital needs
- Recruit and select new hires based on their knowledge, skills and competencies
- Provide support to the compensation planning and salary administration programs
- Manage all aspects of the benefits renewal and benefits administration processes
- Design and develop corporate policies as required
- Maintain positive working relationships with employees and the management team
- Organize and deliver the New Hire Orientation Program
- Advise and assist departmental managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees throughout the Performance Management cycle
- Advise managers on organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc.
- Manage employee data, including new hires, changes and terminations, and provide reporting as required
- Ensures that employee files are maintained and prepares all other related Human Resources records in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Conduct exit interviews and report on key trends
- Remain current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards
- Monitors and interprets new and revised legislative requirements in the area of Human Resources and ensures company compliance. Liaise with payroll/finance where applicable.
- Liaise with external consultants, legal professions and government agencies etc., on behalf of the company concerning Human Resources issues.
- Acts as the Health & Safety program coordinator. As a management representative actively participates in all Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management
- 5+ years Human Resources experience
- Experience supporting International offices and employees would be an asset
- CHRP designation would be considered an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to drive positive culture change in both processes and systems
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to interact effectively with frontline employees, peers, and executives
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to our recruiting partners at email@example.com and include “HR Generalist” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact those individuals that are invited to interview.
Bank & Vogue Ltd. respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact us to discuss arrangements.
Business Sherpa Group
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.