The HVAC/Refrigeration Operator is responsible for the maintenance and operation of specialized equipment used on the premises of Canadian Tire Centre (“CTC”), as well as general repairs and maintenance of the facility.
- Responsible for the maintenance of specialized equipment, such as ice plant, heat pumps, generators, plumbing systems, air handling, and roof top units
- Operate and maintain air conditioning and heating systems, food service equipment, refrigeration and other mechanical equipment
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance work
- Develop and follow standard operating procedures, work schedules, record keeping and reporting systems
- Responsible for maintaining fire system and for ensuring emergency procedures are followed
- Make regular inspections of all machinery and equipment, prepare purchase requisitions for necessary materials, tools, and equipment
- Drives Zamboni to maintain CTC ice pad for Ottawa Senators’ practices and private rentals
- Assists with repairs and maintenance of CTC offices, eg. changing light bulbs
Health & Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsible for ensuring that all areas covered by Occupational Health & Safety Act (“OHSA”) are adhered to, specifically:
- Working in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA regulations and internal policies and procedures
- Using or wearing protective equipment, devices or clothing when required
- Reporting any missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger himself or herself or another team member
- Reporting any contravention of the OHSA regulations or Senators Sports & Entertainment policies and procedures
- Class “B” refrigeration certification or 3rd Class Power Engineer certification is required
- Minimum 1 year previous experience preferred as a building engineer/Operator
- High school or vocational school diploma in refrigeration, air conditioning, plumbing, heating, electrical, or automotive repairs
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics
- Knowledge of carpentry and masonry work is beneficial
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety precautions
- Experience with Zamboni or other ice re-surfacing machine preferred but on the job training is available
- Must be available for shift work including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Team player
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply using this link.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received will be maintained on file for a period of 6 months and may be referenced for future staffing requirements.
Senators Sports & Entertainment supports the goals of Ontario Regulation 191/11 - Integrated Accessibility Standards and is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability during the recruitment process. Please inform the Human Resources Department at 613-599-0250 if you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process.
SSE is committed to building an inclusive process that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.