Information Technology Generalist
Do you want to work in a dynamic environment and make a difference to both people and planet?
Are you looking for a fast-paced opportunity that allows you to build and maintain systems and work closely with other employees to resolve their issues? As an IT Generalist at RBR, you will own the IT function and provide hands-on information technology support to keep up with RBR’s rapid growth.
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep, dark ocean.
Over the last five years, we've grown 20% annually and are now 50+ people. We've been recognized twice by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
We provide a balanced work environment complete with a very competitive compensation package.
Come join us!
- On-board and train new hires on all systems and order and configure new equipment when necessary;
- Create, modify, and manage user accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment;
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot Microsoft Active Directory;
- Plan, install, troubleshoot, and/or maintain systems software/hardware;
- Install system fixes, updates, and/or enhancements in a mixed Windows/macOS environment;
- Resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems;
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency;
- Implement security procedures and tools;
- Analyze and define server requirements; maintain server and storage architecture and infrastructure; configure servers;
- Identify and assist internal and external customers in the use of available training tools to optimize IT system utilization;
- Evaluate and recommend adoption of new/enhanced approaches to delivering IT training and information services;
- Oversee the implementation of new systems/services including training others on their use.
- Completion of a college diploma in an Information Technology related discipline;
- Minimum of three years of working experience in network support;
- In-depth knowledge of macOS, Linux, and Windows operating systems;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, VPC);
- Sound troubleshooting experience;
- Ability to communicate both technically and non-technically;
- Good organizational skills;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Network Security and best practices.
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that references RBR, how you are uniquely qualified for this role, what makes you exceptional and what will make you an outstanding part of the RBR team. Please send a copy of your resume and a covering letter to our recruitment partners at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Business Sherpa Group
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.