Please remember to attach your full resume to be considered
Genome Canada is recruiting for an Information Technology Support Analyst to join our growing team and support our work as a catalyst for solutions—enabled by genomics research, innovation and technologies—that are building a healthier, more environmentally sustainable and prosperous Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Information Management/Information Technology, the main responsibilities of the IT Support Analyst will include coordinating operational procedures related to information systems that support internal users and manage the development, implementation, delivery, and ongoing monitoring of an IT Program that facilitates the organization’s strategic and operational plans and priorities.
The IT Support Analyst will deliver processes and solutions that align with our objectives and provide support for daily operations. This role will help in the development and implementation of IT policies, procedures and best practices, working closely with all departments to identify, recommend, implement, and support IT solutions.
- Provide expertise on the management of the IT Program including the application of tools and processes
- Support the Director, IM/IT with all facets of cyber and data security
- Develop and implement policies and procedures (e.g., architecture, employee onboarding and offboarding, security) ensuring compliance with regulations
- Provide support in the development and delivery of a contact management and project management system
- Apply knowledge and analytical experience to the implementation, customization, and support of new systems, as well as to the support of legacy systems
- Recommend and implement system enhancements
- Offer guidance on Genome Canada’s IT infrastructure and the underlying information technology architecture, ensuring it meets client requirements and contributes to operational effectiveness
- Full cycle support of all IT infrastructure and specific technology solutions including servers, laptops, handheld devices, operating systems, other hardware & software
- Promote a corporate information culture based on proactive collaboration, sharing, and provision of IM/IT staff training
- Evaluate and continuously scan new and emerging IT processes, solutions, and best practices
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as Computer Science
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related professional experience
- Experience with managing multiple contractors
- Experience with managing client focused IT projects
- Solid understanding of IT security best practices
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms much as Microsoft 365 and other SaaS technologies
- Experience with data migration and integration
- Advanced knowledge of system management and inventory practices
- Experience with web platforms, servers, web content management technologies, protocols and development tools
- Knowledge of legislation, policies, procedures, and best practices regarding the management of government and non-government information resources
- Expertise in information technology processes and best practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a manner appropriate to different audiences
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships across all departments within the organization
- Strong problem-solving, decision making, and analytical skills
- High level of adaptability to a changing work environment and ability to work under pressure
- Occasionally requires bending, moving, lifting, carrying of equipment, reaching, and crawling such as under desks to help with equipment set-up.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our job posting site here. We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to the volume of resumes we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Genome Canada has partnered with Business Sherpa Group to facilitate the hiring process for this role. Please reference “Genome Canada – IT Support Analyst” in the subject line. The closing date for priority selection is June 4th, 2021; however, we will continue to accept applications after this date until the position is filled.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation.
Genome Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory, comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to this role, apply!
Genome Canada is a not-for-profit organization, funded by the Government of Canada, that acts as a catalyst for developing and applying genomics and genomic-based technologies to create economic and social benefits for Canadians. We connect ideas and people across public and private sectors to find new uses for genomics, invest in large-scale science and technology to fuel innovation, and translate discoveries into solutions across key sectors of national importance. Learn more at genomecanada.ca.