Fuelled Networks, a top IT services company in Ottawa, is seeking an Infrastructure, M365 and Azure specialist to join our growing team as a full-time employee. This role works with the private sector and crown corporation clients.
You will be asked to participate in architecture and design of Infrastructure, M365 and Azure discussions, vetting cloud-based solutions, deploying the agreed-upon architecture, migrations, managed services, and a point of escalation for complex troubleshooting requirements due to technical emergencies. The ideal applicant must be willing to invest time and energy to train, grow skills, and gain certifications. You will help define, manage and upkeep critical SOP’s, work within those boundaries, but also think creatively to build and deploy the best cloud services for the clients Fuelled Networks support and attract.
- Deliver services for M365, Microsoft Azure projects. This will include plans, consulting, security services, migration and deployment.
- Determine customer business, functional, and technical requirements and develop scoping and levels-of-effort
- Design Azure IaaS solutions based on customer requirements and Microsoft and Fuelled best practices
- Migrating on-premises services to Microsoft Azure
- Automating Azure tasks using PowerShell and JSON templates
- Function as a technical resource for the Azure Practice by mentoring other Service Team Members, aiding in the development & maintenance of the Cloud Practice service delivery offerings, and helping to manage the service delivery quality of the Cloud Practice
- Design and Deliver services around:
- Active Directory
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Certificate Services
- Direct Access
- Server and client operating systems
- Group Policies
- Server, client and networking security
Provide subject matter knowledge and expertise on Microsoft Azure and Azure AD services Identity and Authentication Design and Deliver Office 365 solutions – SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Office 365 email, Power Automate, all other necessary solution requirements Develop, document, and understand internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities Document infrastructure design, implementation plans, DR & Contingency planning.
Additional Job Duties
- Communicate with customers as required
- Support and troubleshoot network and firewall issues
- Provide escalated support to assist with any issues or outages
- Evaluate new Cloud technologies & opportunities and forward recommendations to the Operations team
- Create standards and best practices that simplify and optimize support capabilities, and drive adoption across multiple service teams across Azure, as well as to our broader Azure support delivery teams
- Create an environment that fosters innovative approaches to automating customer solutions. Establish tight integration with Cloud Engineering System to continually improve the Azure support tooling and diagnostics capabilities
- All other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience with Azure and M365 - Must Have
- Network architecture, redundancy, DR failover, SaaS & DBaaS
- Experience in SharePoint, Teams, Office 365, OneDrive for Business, Flow
- Experience securing Microsoft Cloud solutions
- Ability to automate routine tasks, debug and optimize
- Experience with RMM utilities and automation tools
- Experience in PowerShell
- Experience with architecting simple to complex environments
- Familiar with security best practices
- Active Directory Administration
- University Degree and/or related Technical Diplomas are strongly encouraged
- Current Microsoft Certifications - Azure certification in any of the following – Solutions Architect, Infrastructure Architect or Systems Ops
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form - English
- Excellent organizing abilities and attention to detail
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced high-volume environment
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to get security clearance
- Will be able to be on call on a rotating scheduled basis
To apply to this position, please submit your application through our website here. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fuelled Networks, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, confident top performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They are a passionate self-starter with high energy who is comfortable multi-tasking and has a proven track record. They view challenges as opportunities and function with little internal help and support. They are sensitive to risk, fearless and inspire customers.