Fuelled Networks has been providing top-notch IT services and support for small to medium-sized businesses throughout Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1982. We are, and have always been, a client-first IT support provider.
We’re a small, high-performance group. Our technicians are the best in the business because they’re smart, resourceful, highly effective communicators who’ll do whatever it takes to help a client through a problem. And that’s who we’re looking for now: an outstanding Bilingual Level I Help Desk Technician.
In this job you’ll support our clients on networks, client/server systems, PC and Mac desktops, desktop software, peripheral devices, and mobile devices. You’ll excel in the role if you’re technically sharp, patient, dedicated, and easy to work with. This is a dynamic environment where things move fast and your day could change on a dime. When a client comes to you in crisis mode at 11:55, you’re not going to be able to take your lunch at noon. If you get that, and you have what it takes to be a superstar support tech, we want to hear from you.
- Resolve as many user-reported problems as your expertise permits.
- Escalate problems as appropriate, following our SOPs.
- Maintain communication with customer/vendor/management throughout the problem-resolution process.
- Properly document issues and resolutions in our ticketing system.
- Update and maintain accurate client documentation, records and procedures.
- Review and update Help Desk documentation as assigned.
- Occasional handling of low-level escalated issues.
- Post-secondary education in IT, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience doing this kind of work.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ are essential (either you’ve got them now, or you’ll get them soon). Microsoft, Fortinet, and other IT vendor certifications are great assets.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Great communication skills in English and French.
- Proficiency in all current Windows operating systems is essential; Apple skills are a bonus.
- Experience with M365 (O365), Active Directory, mobile devices, and servers.
- Patient, dedicated, resourceful and determined. You support customers all the way through the toughest problems.
- Excellent time-management and troubleshooting skills.
- Shifts are Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm or 1130am-8pm
- You’ll be on-call on a rotating basis.
- We need you to be eligible for a security clearance – this is essential.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our job posting site here. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fuelled Networks, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.