Shields Hunt Duff is a boutique labour / employment and litigation law firm. Our goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations by finding creative legal solutions to meet their particular needs and priorities. We strive to provide exceptional service in every sense of the word.
Our team is growing. We’re searching for a full-time Legal Assistant with civil litigation experience and relevant educational qualifications.
Reporting to the Senior Law Clerk, in this role you’ll provide administrative support to our small team of lawyers. As an ideal candidate, you’re smart, engaging, quick on your feet and full of initiative. You’re organized, efficient, independent and conscientious. You sweat the details, anticipate needs, and provide flawless client service.
To sum it up, we’re looking for a superstar.
- Prepare draft correspondence, pleadings and documents for review;
- Organize and manage client files;
- Expedite flow of work through the professionals’ offices, including a proactive approach to initiating follow-up;
- Calculate litigation timelines and establish a bring-forward system to ensure deadlines are met;
- Perform administrative tasks such as accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, data entry, etc.;
- Liaise between the professionals’ clients and contacts in a professional and timely manner;
- Schedule travel arrangements;
- Perform reception duties (greet clients and answer phone); and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma with a minimum of two years of experience in a law firm environment;
- In-depth knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and court processes;
- Strong knowledge of PCLaw or other similar accounting software and strong mathematical skills;
- Excellent writing, verbal, grammar and typing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and work within a fast paced, stressful environment;
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently;
- Be a self-starter who enjoys learning and expanding their knowledge base;
- Be courteous and professional, with a friendly demeanour;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
Please send your resume and a covering letter to our recruitment partners at Business Sherpa Group by emailing email@example.com. While we appreciate interest from all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shields Hunt Duff respects the dignity and independence of individuals with disabilities, and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation or support, please indicate so in your application.
Business Sherpa Group
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.