CANARIE connects Canada to the world. Our programs equip researchers, students, and startups in Canada to excel on the global stage.
Together with our 13 provincial and territorial partners, we form Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators, and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
To strengthen the security of Canada’s research and education sector, we collaborate with our partners in the NREN, government, academia, and the private sector to fund, implement, and support cybersecurity initiatives. We also provide identity management services to the academic community and boost Canada’s startups with cloud resources and expertise in emerging technologies.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with most of our funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Position: Manager, Procurement
The Manager, Procurement is accountable for developing, implementing, and administering CANARIE’s procurement processes in compliance with CANARIE’s Procurement Policy.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop, evolve, and implement procurement processes
- Manage complex procurement projects across multiple departments and/or organizations
- Lead staff (including cross-functional teams) through the procurement process
- Prepare and issue procurement documents including Request for Information, Request for Proposals and Request for Quotes
- Procure goods and services including technical solutions, lease agreements, hardware and software, general office, etc.
- Review vendor agreements to ensure adherence to requirements and coordinate legal review
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure alignment between budgets and purchases
- Provide staff with guidance and training
- In coordination with Legal, develop and manage a vendor contract administration process including maintaining a legal commitments database and corresponding records
- Manage the vendor contract renewal and vendor of record administrative processes
- Manage the process for fulfilment of CANARIE’s contractual obligations.
- Develop, collect, analyze, and report on procurement metrics
- Develop monthly procurement reports
Travel may occasionally be required
Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Business or Finance or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 7 years of procurement experience
- Experience developing and implementing procurement policy and processes
- Knowledge of procurement best practices
- Superior organizational skills
- Proven ability to research business solutions
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Working experience in ERP applications and related reporting tools
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject.
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.