The Marketing co-op / Intern will assist the Manager, Marketing with our various business to business (B2B) marketing activities. This will be an amazing learning opportunity as you will be exposed to a wide variety of marketing elements as well as get to experience a growing, forward-thinking, people-first organization. As part of the marketing team, you’ll work to improve our existing marketing efforts, systemize our processes and increase our digital impact, all to bring more value to our small and medium-sized audience.* This will include strategic and operational activities – keep reading to learn more!
The position is paid, full-time for a school term and is remote – applicants from across Canada are welcome. There may be an opportunity for full-time permanent work after the term is completed. Undergraduate and graduate students welcome.
You can expect to dapple with the following marketing activities:
- Content creation – includes assisting with strategizing, writing, editing, designing and working with various members of our business solutions teams
- Social media management – being part of the ‘voice’ of Business Sherpa Group, engaging our audience and working to grow our platforms
- Assist with value-based email marketing
- Help execute our various marketing campaigns
- Support brand development
- Graphic design
- Website maintenance, new page creation, SEO tactics
- Maintain our content and campaign calendars
- Think strategically – bring your new ideas!
Type of Person
If most of these traits sound like you, you’ll be a great fit:
- Positive attitude
- Flexible and eager learn
- Enjoy using effective communication practices
- Ability to catch on quickly
- Organized & good at handling multiple tasks
- Happy to work autonomously as well as collaboratively
- Interested in B2B marketing
- Solution-oriented (you come across a problem & immediately start thinking about how to solve it)
- Enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program, ideally within Commerce, Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising or a related program
- Social-media savvy
- Desire to have solid work-life balance
Tools to Learn
These are the tools and systems we use, so having these skills will help you succeed but you don’t need to have all of them (especially if you’re a quick learner!):
- Understanding of WordPress / frontend website design (no coding experience needed)
- Social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Adobe suite (InDesign & Illustrator) and/or Canva experience
- Email marketing concepts and systems (MailChimp)
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and key word strategies
- Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads and/or Facebook Ads
- Microsoft 365 (Teams, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
We want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit and what you’d like to get out of the experience along with your resume. You can email both to Shae at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants but will be in touch with only those selected for an interview.
Business Sherpa Group respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing persons with disabilities equal access to Business Sherpa Group services. Business Sherpa Group provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please let a member of the Business Sherpa Group team know in your application.
*Small and medium-sized businesses/enterprises (SMBs or SMEs) make up a huge portion of our economy and are the largest employer in Canada! Because of this we serve a broad range of clients and have a very unique and good problem in having such a large target audience. You can learn more about SMEs here.