Founded in 1967, M.P. Lundy Construction (Lundy) protects and supports its clients by providing expert advice and oversight in all matters related to planning and executing complex construction projects across Eastern Ontario.
Our dedication to creating strong professional relationships combined with a tremendous natural desire to see our clients succeed has enabled us to become a leader in customer-focused Design-Build and Construction Management solutions. Since our inception, our continuous evolution has been rooted in the belief that we must always look for ways to improve how we plan, communicate, and execute. With this in mind, our commitment to refining our key processes, year after year, has transformed our organization in a fundamental way and continues to propel us to succeed.
We execute on what we say, we look forward and plan effectively, and we inspire confidence that we can make it happen and deliver predictable results. If you share our commitment to fostering long-term relationships, honouring commitments, and executing on plans, we want to talk to you.
MP Lundy Construction, a 50+ year old Ottawa based company, is looking for an experienced Mechanical / Electrical / IT (MEIT) Manager to join its team. Reporting to our VP of Construction, the MEIT Manager’s role will include:
- Reviewing RFQ/RFP or bid/tender documentation and making recommendations.
- Manage the project’s Mechanical and Electrical packages and supporting the Lundy project team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure that contractual obligations for MEIT compliance are maintained.
- Support the project team with the preparation, negotiation, and approval of all Prime Contracts and sub-trade change order requests that have an MEIT component.
- Support the Estimating department and project teams during the subcontracting process, which includes facilitating initial MEIT scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, developing subcontract scopes of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
- Assist with the coordination of all relevant project drawings and information to eliminate clash issues.
- Ensure that a formal MEIT risk-management process is implemented on each project and work towards mitigating risks throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Support the project team with the requirements for contract close-out to achieve formal project acceptance.
- Support the project team with related warranty processes and procedures for completed projects.
- Oversee relationships with MEIT clients and supply chains, including suppliers and subcontractors.
- Produce a commissioning plan for each project and ensure that plan is monitored and managed successfully.
- Provide input into proper project planning, scheduling, staffing, cost control and project management.
- Assist project staff in updating and achieving schedule requirements, mechanical and electrical RFI’s, shop drawings, and administer mechanical/electrical project completion requirements (OMM’s).
- Build effective relationships with customers, design teams, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups through proactive engagement on all MEIT issues.
- Assist the building our company culture of teamwork, improvement, and continuous innovation.
- Your passion is MEIT; it truly excites you and you love to dive into the details.
- You have a University Degree or College Diploma in a related field with a minimum of 5 years experience in a MEIT related role.
- Proficiency in more than one specialization.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of organizational skills.
- You love fast-paced environments and a team-centric company culture.
- You have a strong attention to detail and timelines.
- You have a good understanding of construction documents and processes, i.e. RFIs, submittals and shop drawings.
- Your communication skills are strong and translating technical information to those who are non-technical, comes naturally to you.
What We Offer
- Important, long-term career opportunities that clearly shape the success of our organization.
- A culture of genuine passion, drive, and team spirit.
- Support in your growth to become the best professional version of yourself.
- Competitive health benefits inclusive of RRSP matching program.
- Competitive total compensation and rewards.
- Awesome projects to work on.
If this job description excites you and speaks to your current development path, we would like to meet you. Please include a resume and cover letter (as one attachement) indicating why you are uniquely qualified for this position as part of your application package through LinkedIn.