Office Administrator (Remote)
Created in 2011, Northern Counselling and Therapeutic Services (NCTS) is a company that specializes in providing clinical and consulting services across Northern Canada. Currently, NCTS deploys over 55 health care professionals including psychologists, counsellors, social workers, nurses and psychiatric nurses.
NCTS specializes in working in remote and isolated communities in the North, working with Inuit, First Nation, Metis, and non-aboriginal residents, in diverse settings including all levels of government, private industry, and non-profit organizations. Our goal is to offer the best and most cost-effective mental health services to Northern communities through multidisciplinary approaches tailored to each community we serve.
NCTS is currently seeking an enthusiastic and talented Office Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be comfortable working remotely while effectively supporting the NCTS team across Canada, including our Director, staff and associates deployed in the field. In this role, you will be the lead on all administrative processes, ensuring the smooth running of the organization. As all NCTS employees and associates work remotely the successful candidate will be required to work from their home office and understand that virtually all communication with co-workers, associates and clients will be by phone or e-mail.
The ideal candidate will be organized, professional, independent, flexible and adaptable, welcome challenge, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic role directly supporting essential mental health and wellness service delivery to our Northern communities.
- Act as central point of contact between the Director, internal team, and external clients
- Provide administrative support to Director and team members as identified
- Provide coordination and support for internal and external communication, including:
- Managing multiple schedules/calendars and arranging appointments
- Planning and organizing business meetings and conference calls; taking minutes
- Assisting with written and electronic business correspondence and other materials, such as promotional materials
- Managing and tracking incoming referrals and requests, deadlines and events and ensuring all correspondence is addressed in a timely manner
- Support an efficient documentation and filing system, ensuring all storage and filing meet privacy guidelines in psychology regulatory bodies, CCPA and CPA
- Establish, implement and manage an efficient and effective standard office software for e-mail, calendar and intercompany communications.
- Perform other relevant duties, as required.
Associates Liaison / Travel Coordination
- Coordinate travel planning for NCTS Associates and act as go-between with travel agents and Associates, including flights, hotels, transportation and on-the-ground needs; this will include a high volume of complex domestic travel (primarily in Nunavut, North West Territories and Nunavik, Quebec) arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups.
- Act as central point of contact for NCTS Associates in the field, offering support and responding in timely manner to ad hoc or emergency requests.
- Maintaining database of NCTS Associates including availability, travel, and professional licenses, insurance, and association renewals.
- Perform other relevant duties, as required.
- Communicate and coordinate receipt of associate invoices including necessary supporting documentation and receipts for all travel paid directly by NCTS.
- Provide the above data to the bookkeeper on a regular and timely basis for recording in the financial system
- Follow up with senior management, associates and customers to ensure that contracts and service agreements and applications are signed and return to the appropriate parties and filed.
Requirement Qualifications & Skills
- At least 3-5 years of direct experience
- Experience working remotely while supporting a small office is considered an asset
- Experience working in counselling or healthcare industries preferred
- Self-motivated and strong sense of accountability for all assigned tasks
- Community College Diploma in Office Administration, Secretarial Sciences Program or equivalent or a minimum of 5 years experience in executive administration
- Although standard work hours are 9 am – 5 pm EST, availability for occasional evening or weekend hours may be required from time to time
- Must be proficient with MS Office, Excel and DropBox Business
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines and tasks efficiently and successfuly
- Have experience working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter to our recruiting partners at email@example.com quoting OA2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about NCTS, please visit their website.
Northern Counselling & Therapeutic Services respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email to us.
Business Sherpa Group
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.