PhotoDynamic is a proven technology start-up, with an experienced team, world class board, and a solid foundation of patents and clinical data. Our first product is launching in June 2021 into the orthodontic market, with significant market support from orthodontist investors and fans, including the American Association of Orthodontists.
Our first offering is a novel technology with both a medical device component and a daily use dental foam, supported with a complimentary mobile app. Our business model is unique as we are selling both to orthodontic clinics and direct to end user patients. Join our growing team!
The Manager of Operations is a newly created position, reporting directly to the CEO to address the launch and significant growth and scale up of our business. The role is perfect for an up-and-coming young leader with VP aspirations, or someone more experienced who is looking for an opportunity to join a refreshing startup. You will be playing a lead role in the development, execution, and sustainability of our operational vision while overseeing the production and delivery of our products. You are an exceptional leader that contributes to a company culture, through your values and actions.
As an ideal candidate you are an aspiring or proven leader with a willingness to embrace change, deal with ambiguity, adapt strategies on the fly and creatively pitch new ideas. You are detail-oriented, well organized and can prioritize competing, critical deadlines. You have highly developed analytical skills, and aptitude for complex problem solving. You have superior business acumen and a track record of delivering results while ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
This is a high-energy job so you’re resilient, adaptable, flexible, and have the ability to think strategically while implementing new methods to achieve cost savings and efficiencies while increasing productivity and speed to market.
Leadership and Team Building
- Take charge of operations and help lift PhotoDynamic from a startup to a scalable and fast-growing unicorn.
- Attract, develop, and engage and retain a talented team while promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Facilitate an environment that fosters strong team dynamic through success, recognition, team empowerment, active coaching, staff education, and project orientation.
- Lead the evolution and optimization of the operations as the company prepares for the first in market test followed by a full product launch and entry into new markets.
Delivery of High-Quality Product
- Ensure delivery of high-quality products to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Work with VP Clinical & Regulatory to implement our Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Build on and improve current supply chain for device and foam manufacturing and ensure reliable mobile App delivery (from partly in-sourced to fully outsourced).
- Establish strong relationships with distribution centers (pick/pack/ship) in Canada and the US.
- Work with Sales to enable seamless flow and integrity of data to/from App and portals to deliver compliance information to dental professionals and parents/guardians.
- Work with Sales and Finance to enable seamless flow and integrity of data with the aim to automate of order, delivery, invoicing, and cash flow processes.
- Work with rest of the team on continues product improvement
Build Scalable Processes and Procedures
- Develop and implement scalable processes and procedures to drive an effective commercial organization.
- Own the operational effectiveness across product application, manufacturing, operations, supply chain, logistics and quality, ensuring the teams have programs and processes implemented to support growth.
- Develop production planning, inventory management, and supplier capacity management to ensure optimum and cost-effective product availability.
- Utilize market data and quality standards for production planning, demand planning/forecast management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline required, Master’s degree is an asset.
- 5+ years’ experience leading complex operations teams effectively.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and able to move your team from an environment of ambiguity to structure.
- Operations/project management experience in the medical device industry or other regulated environment.
- A broadly experienced leader in Application Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, Operations and Supply Chain.
- Experience working with Product Development to integrate new product development into manufacturing, and supply chain processes.
- Proven track record in building and managing teams, developing best practices and operational infrastructure to facilitate rapid growth and profitability of the business.
- Experience as a trusted and respected people leader who can develop and coach multiple teams to the best of their ability in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Highly systematic and organized with attention to detail; capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in designing and implementing demand forecasting.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills; ability to present clearly using scientific and clinical terminology.
- A sense of urgency; ability to identify challenges and problems and take the initiative to identify solutions.
- Ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our job posting site here. Please include a cover letter with your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PhotoDynamic values diversity and welcomes applications from all equity-seeking groups including visible minorities, people with disabilities and women. We are an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please indicate your need for accommodations in your application.