Part Time Bookeeper (Remote)
Created in 2011, Northern Counselling and Therapeutic Services (NCTS) is a company that specializes in providing clinical and consulting services across Northern Canada. Currently, NCTS deploys over 55 health care professionals including psychologists, counsellors, social workers, nurses and psychiatric nurses.
NCTS specializes in working in remote and isolated communities in the North, working with Inuit, First Nation, Metis, and non-aboriginal residents, in diverse settings including all levels of government, private industry, and non-profit organizations. Our goal is to offer the best and most cost-effective mental health services to Northern communities through multidisciplinary approaches tailored to each community we serve.
Northern Counselling and Therapeutic Services, Inc. is seeking a Part Time Bookkeeper. This role is responsible for all bookkeeping matters, as well as participating in limited general day-to-day administrative requirements of the organization. The role is a virtual position and interactions with co-workers, associates and suppliers and clients is done remotely by phone or e-mail. The Bookkeeper is expected to work from a home office.
- Complete day-to-day financial activities, including payroll processing, invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, data entry, and related support functions using all aspects of QuickBooks.
- Ensure aged receivables are up-to-date, prepare month-end summaries
- Record all banking data on a regular and timely basis and ensuring all bank accounts are accurate in QuickBooks Online.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts, credit cards, accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepaids and accruals
- Prepare and process project invoices at project completion including preparation of package of supporting data and calculations for clients and post to ledger.
- Assist company CFO with quarterly financial statement preparation including detailed variance analysis as requested to support discussion and analysis with management
- Assist company CFO with year-end financial statements including calculating standard year end adjustments such as capital asset amortization, deferred revenue and work in progress adjustments for projects with retainers and projects in process, vacation and payroll and other service accruals, and any other reporting requirements as directed by the CFO
- Ensure all information required for new employees is obtained for payroll purposes
- Prepare and process ROE’s and T4’s and T4A’s as required
- Submit governmental remittances (federal, territorial, provincial, HST, and WSCC).
- Maintain documented bookkeeping procedures and policies using Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ensure all aspects relating to bookkeeping remain confidential.
The successful candidate will have the following traits and abilities:
- Minimum post-secondary diploma specializing in bookkeeping and business administration or equivalent
- Minimum 5yrs experience in an office environment performing bookkeeping and administrative functions
- Demonstrated proficiency in QuickBooks On-line, and all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong experience and knowledge of QuickBooks On-line and project based accounting
- Comfort working in a near paper-free environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills given that co-works and associates are all remote
- Experience with DropBox Business and maintenance of all financial documentation in this format
- Experience with HubDoc & Plooto
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat DC
- Exceptional prioritizing and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and liaise with external and internal members and staff at various levels of an organization.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with minimal direction, exercising discretion and sound judgment and to meet deadlines or schedules required by projects.
- From a remote workplace work closely with the company Administrator, CFO and Director.
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities.
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter to our recruiting partners at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting BOA2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about NCTS, please visit their website.
Northern Counselling & Therapeutic Services respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email to us.
Business Sherpa Group
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.