Product Test Engineer
Double Insight is a fast-growing designer and manufacturer of small smart kitchen appliances at the global level. Instant Pot® has become a recognized brand already in the rapidly expanding smart and connected kitchen appliances markets and is currently the number one selling electrical pressure cooker brand on Amazon.com with one of the highest overall customer ratings.
We operate within a fast paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive. We appreciate and recognize good work. Our commitment to work-life balance is unwavering as we realize your work is only one part of your life experience. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. Double Insight has an immediate opening for a Product Test Engineer.
The Product Test Engineer role involves the testing of Double Insight products through the development and implementation of testing programs and techniques. You will drive the test plan creation, document and analyze test results to validate product functions and performance. You will report on results and make recommendations to product development in order to optimize product performance.
- Build a user-centric testing mindset, and be methodic to uncover boundary condition issues
- Develop test programs and write test plans to validate product performance.
- Perform product testing and logs test results
- Analyze and track defects identified in testing
- Work with product management to define test plans, monitor and track the status of test defects until closed
- Create and report on the product quality and performance matrix
- Recommend product design revisions priorities based on test reports.
- Drive product Beta test and user experience reports
- Determine resource and equipment needs to conduct testing.
- Develop, source and apply manual and automated tools to increase test effectiveness.
- Develop best practices to improve testing quality.
- Review user documents, design documents, and functional requirements to identify any potential defects.
- Communicates, collaborates, organizes and conducts testing activities internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of test experience in an agile project environment
- Senior tester with experience in both HW and SW product environments. Consumer product testing experience is an asset
- Experience in validating consumer product user experience or Internet of Things field preferred
- Good knowledge of Appliance product, requirement, standards, and test methods etc. is an asset
- Experience with product Beta test and user experience reports
- Proficient with test standards, tools and management
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment (including external development partners), takes ownership and to follow things through.
- Systematic, meticulous and methodical about testing activities and test case documentation and reporting
- Quick learner, self-starter and high level of initiative
- Able to focus on priorities and work on several topics simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with both technical experts as well as management, to ensure complex topics are understood
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills to address topics of concern
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills to work efficiently with different user groups and cultural backgrounds
- Fluent in English both in written and verbal form
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting PTE-18 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Double Insight, please visit our website.
Double Insight respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.