CANARIE strengthens Canadian leadership in science and technology by delivering digital infrastructure to support world-class research that directly benefits all Canadians.
CANARIE and its twelve provincial and territorial partners form Canada’s National Research and Education Network. This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
Beyond the network, CANARIE funds and promotes reusable research software tools and national research data management initiatives to accelerate discovery, provides identity management services to the academic community, and offers advanced networking and cloud resources to boost commercialization in Canada’s technology sector.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with the majority of its funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Program Manager, Cybersecurity Initiatives is accountable for the planning, design and execution of the Security Program, encompassing initiatives related to people, tools and processes that continually improve the cybersecurity posture of research, education and innovation institutions.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Senior Director, Programs.
- Developing and implementing the cybersecurity program strategy, including defining comprehensive program requirements for internal and external outcomes, ensuring strategic alignment across CANARIE programs, developing program charters, high level project plans, budgets and schedules
- Driving program evolution and identifying areas for growth
- Ensuring continual improvement in execution of program activities
- Representing the program to CANARIE stakeholders
- Providing consistency on program requirements, and aligning program execution activities across CANARIE programs
- Tracking program effectiveness, analyzing program data and implementing adjustments as necessary
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with program participants and other CANARIE stakeholders, leveraging positive relationships to ensure achievement of program objectives and value to program participants
- Domestic and international travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams, and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, including program or product management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels in an organization towards agreement of outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and credibility from internal and external stakeholders
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to email@example.com, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.