The Sales Support, Office Administrator position incorporates a primary role with the Sales Team with specific duties as the Office Administrator, which does includes supporting the Finance group on select essential tasks.
- Daily follow-up to the Facility Rentals emails and phone inquiries in a timely manner and process agreements with payment as necessary.
- Responds daily to enquires about rentals (ice, meeting rooms and Fieldhouse) availability and books time with clients as required.
- Accurate input of scheduling all bookings in reservation software to reflect that scheduled event is correctly divided / assigned to proper user.
- Ensures Dressing Room assignments are correctly updated/ inputted for each ice rental
- Website updates for all Facility Rentals web pages
- Ensures daily that the rentable meeting room is fully functional and prepared for the next paying guest.
- Ensures payment fulfillment and tracking for facility usage and program enrollment supports Sales Department in fulfillment of A/R
- Updates Marketing Coordinator of any special events booked into facilities in order to ensure appropriate coverage of the event as required.
- Communicate with other CSMI departments (i.e. programs and operations) and Operations to aid with scheduling requirements for all events
- Cultivates and maintains positive working relationships with schedulers for local sporting associations and City of Ottawa personnel
- Create facility sales and usage reports at the request of the management
- Meet and greet any guests to office and ensure that the appropriate team member is notified of their arrival
- Ensure that unauthorized individuals are not granted access to office or internal information regarding team members (personal phone numbers listed) or clients
- Maintains the professional appearance of the reception and office area
- Responsible for answering and/or redirecting calls/voicemails from the main customer phone line
- Responsible for recording the “Automated Voicemail” messaging and updating contents when required
- Ensure the telephone list is updated and maintained in the public folders
- Create letters and documents as required using MS Word and Excel Accept incoming courier packages and arrange for outgoing courier requests. Includes preparation of proper forms, custom papers, and tracing of packages when required.
- Ensures there is always an adequate supply of courier and custom forms.
- Ensures all team members who receive deliveries are notified of the parcel arrivals in a timely manner
- Responsible for allocating courier and custom charges to the appropriate departments
- Responsible for ordering and ensuring delivery of all kitchen and office products/supplies
- Responsible for posting a schedule that ensures kitchen remains clean and dishwasher is loaded and turned on nightly, then unloaded in the mornings
- Responsible for mail sorting and distribution in appropriate mailboxes
- Responsible to ensure photocopier is working properly, all necessary supplies are stocked, and service calls made when necessary.
- Coordinate the Purchase Order process to confirm that PO’s from BSP, RSP and CSP are properly noted, and that corresponding invoices are forwarded to Finance.
- Work directly with Finance to ensure that bi-weekly deposits of cash and cheques from suppliers, tenants and customers are accounted for and properly deposited.
- Represent the Sensplex in a positive manner to our guests and the community at large
- May be required to prepare boardroom, coffee, and lunches for meetings which take place in the Bell Sensplex
- May be required to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as dictated by events
- Periodic participation in committees such as Occupational Health and Safety and Guest Experience Steering Committee.
- Other duties as assigned by Director, Sales
- Outgoing personality
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent telephone and communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software programs
- Understands minor sport operations (ie minor hockey associations, figure skating or soccer clubs, etc)
- Must have own means of transportation and valid driver’s license
- Team player
- Professional, courteous demeanor
- Bilingualism an asset
- Knowledge of current social media and networking applications an asset
- Previous experience in an office administration or reception position an asset Must be available to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends as required
If you're interested in this role, please apply using this link.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received will be maintained on file for a period of 6 months and may be referenced for future staffing requirements.
Senators Sports & Entertainment supports the goals of Ontario Regulation 191/11 - Integrated Accessibility Standards and is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability during the recruitment process. Please inform the Human Resources Department at 613-599-0250 if you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process.
SSE is committed to building an inclusive process that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.