We’re looking for a Senior Bookkeeper to join our dynamic team of consultants. We're quite flexible on employment terms: this job could be part-time or full-time, depending on the top candidate's skillset and preferences.
As a Senior Bookkeeper with BSG, you will provide ongoing accounting support to a number of our clients within a broad range of industries. In addition, you'll help to organize, delegate and mentor junior colleagues.
Our Ideal Candidate
Someone who can take complete ownership of the full accounting cycle for a range of clients, and communicate and collaborate effectively with peers, managers and executives. You're a problem solver who, like us, is passionate about doing things right - enabling leadership teams to make better business decisions.
While there is often no such thing as a ‘typical’ day, a day in the life of a Bookkeeper with BSG might include...
- Managing the full-cycle accounting function for a small number of organizations, working closely with them to prioritize your work to meet their business needs.
- Accurately recording client invoices, employee expenses and supplier invoices, following up to collect payment and ensuring that supplier payments are made on time.
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements and analyzing balance sheet accounts on a regular basis.
- Preparing quarterly government remittances for HST and EHT annual returns.
- Managing payroll and benefits including all related remittances and reporting.
- Preparing month and year-end working papers for assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Solving accounting puzzles by researching and reconciling discrepancies and ensuring that the accounting is in good order.
- Competently using software to provide virtual services such as QuickBooks Online, Sage 50, HubDoc, Plooto, Receipt Bank and Excel.
You should have
- 3+ years’ hands on experience in accounting, including accounts payable, invoicing, collections, financial statement preparation and payroll.
- College Diploma in Accounting or a related field is required.
- A degree of comfort using multiple accounting packages, and the ability to learn new ones.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively, with exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational abilities and high ethical standards.
- Enthusiasm for what you do and the desire to help organizations be more efficient.
Please apply through LinkedIn here. Ensure you remember to attach a resume to your application. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Business Sherpa Group respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection processes.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.