Founded in 1967, M.P. Lundy Construction (Lundy) protects and supports its clients by providing expert advice and oversight in all matters related to planning and executing complex construction projects across Eastern Ontario.
Our dedication to creating strong professional relationships combined with a tremendous natural desire to see our clients succeed has enabled us to become a leader in customer-focused Design-Build and Construction Management solutions. Since our inception, our continuous evolution has been rooted in the belief that we must always look for ways to improve how we plan, communicate, and execute. With this in mind, our commitment to refining our key processes, year after year, has transformed our organization in a fundamental way and continues to propel us to succeed.
We execute on what we say, we look forward and plan effectively, and we inspire confidence that we can make it happen and deliver predictable results. If you share our commitment to fostering long-term relationships, honouring commitments, and executing on plans, we want to talk to you.
Reporting to the VP, Construction, as a Senior Construction Project Manager with Lundy you’ll take on a full range of project management responsibilities, including planning, budgeting, reporting, and stakeholder communication.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re a natural leader with exceptional communication and organizational skills. You’re capable of administering contract controls and costs, developing and maintaining construction scheduling, and delivering predictable results through a relationship of trust with the Project Stakeholders, including the client, consultants, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Plan and manage medium to large ICI construction projects ($20MM+).
- Liaise with Estimating and Business Development to obtain and review all project information and become intimate with and fulfil all contract requirements; set project schedule and budgetary goals and finalize project procurement.
- Work directly with the Estimator to establish and validate project budgets and may use the Estimating Department resources for tendering and budgeting of changes.
- Validate construction cost estimates; create the schedule of values for budget and progress billing; reconcile all costs and mitigate budget overruns; review labour and material budgets with Construction Leads regularly.
- Review and approve all Subtrade claims; interface with the Accounting department; review reports generated from accounting against project records to ensure accuracy and adjust cost to complete projections monthly; approve all project invoices; responsible for all cost control documentation.
- Develop and update the Master Project Schedule; create a suitable work breakdown structure and set realistic target dates & milestones; report on progress against plan including written notification of project schedule delays to secure Lundy’s rights under the terms of the contract and communicate schedule updates to the owner/consultants monthly.
- Prepare and maintain project risk registry; communicate and review project risks with Project Stakeholders regularly and in a timely manner; develop strategies for risk mitigation.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Project Stakeholders on all aspects of the project, including safety, quality, budget, schedule, risk, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience managing ICI construction projects.
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated success in effectively prioritizing tasks based on demand and deadlines and effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A track record that clearly demonstrates effective leadership when interacting with multiple external clients and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
- Fundamental understanding of project financial controls.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- General understanding and commitment to QA/QC policies and procedures as well as Health and Safety practices /requirements.
- Design/build experience is an asset.
- Committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills and progressive leadership style.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques and strategies is an asset.
- Strong mathematical and financial aptitude.
- Experience with project or construction management software is an asset.
- An ability to read, understand, interpret construction plans and specifications is desired.
- Must have excellent reading as well as writing skills.
- Effective and collaborative communicator with the ability to develop productive working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Results and solutions oriented individual.
- Sense of urgency and drive to succeed. Must be comfortable working within a deadline-driven fast paced environment.
- Resourceful, energetic and well organize with the experience and proven ability to set and manage competing priorities.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently as required.
- Driver’s license and the ability to travel to job sites.
Please apply online through our job application platform, which you can access here.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about MP Lundy Construction Inc, please visit our website at mplundy.com
MP Lundy Construction respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodations throughout the recruitment and hiring processes.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.