Fuelled Networks, a top IT services company in Ottawa, is looking for a mid level (5+ years experience) field technician to join our rapidly growing team. We want the best of the best – someone who’s technically brilliant and client service focused, in order to help us better serve our clients.
- Lead role managing, securing and monitoring SMB client TCP/IP networks.(WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls)
- Implement, secure and manage Fortinet Security Fabric solutions.
- FortiGate firewalls, switching, wireless access points and associated security appliances and services.
- Fortinet NSE 4+ certification is greatly valued
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- On-going improvement and implementation of Cyber Security best practices and compliance.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed on outages.
- Escalation resource for Help Desk and Tier 1 support
- Proactive, self-motivated and with good communication skills
- Excellent team worker, particularly in cross-cultural teams
- Ability to manage projects
- Can work in a consultative role
- Ability to perform independently working from remotely (home) or in an office setting
- Willingness to occasionally work over-time based on project/client needs
- Proficient in English Essential, French an Asset
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule in PSA that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Enter all work as service tickets in the ticketing system.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Has a valid drivers license and 24/7 access to a vehicle
- Must have or be able to get Security Clearance
Typical days are 8 AM – 5 PM. You should expect to work long or irregular hours to meet deadlines, secure deals and attend conferences and networking events. You will also be required to participate in 24/7 on-call, based on a rotating team schedule. Career breaks and part-time work are still relatively unusual in this area of work.
To apply to this position, please submit your application through our website here. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fuelled Networks, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, confident top performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They are a passionate self-starter with high energy who is comfortable multi-tasking and has a proven track record. They view challenges as opportunities and function with little internal help and support. They are sensitive to risk, fearless and inspire customers.