The Syracuse Research Corporation (SRC) is an independent, not-for-profit, R&D corporation headquartered in New York. At SRC, we apply science, technology, information and relentless determination to solve the “impossible.” We find solutions using bright minds, fresh thinking and fearless innovation grounded in 60 years of experience in Defence, Environment and Intelligence.
About SRC Canada
We’ve expanded our presence to Canada with the recent establishment of SRC Can, and we’re currently building a high-performance team of engineers in our Ottawa office. Our work is helping to shape the future Defence and Intelligence Information architectures that will support the Canadian Armed Forces and its allies.
Career Opportunities - Software Engineers
SRC Canada is seeking software engineers for opportunities in Ottawa, Ontario. Selected applicants will design and develop software for Modelling & Simulation (M&S), and Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) of some of the world’s most advanced combat systems.
- Lead and coordinate software development team efforts;
- Perform software development and integration within an agile development process;
- Develop of measures of effectiveness and measures of performance for Modeling & Simulation of systems/software;
- Software lifecycle support to include requirements development, software design, development, test, and documentation; and
- Monitor, manage, and report project status.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years (3+) of experience in computer science, computer systems engineering, or related degree;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think independently, and overcome technical challenges;
- Proven ability to work on multi-disciplinary engineering teams;
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements for a Government of Canada Secret (Level 2) Security Clearance;
- Flexible, adaptable positive – thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong initiative, independent thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal; proficiency in French is an asset;
- Proven ability to work on multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Applied knowledge and experience with container technologies or SOA development;
- Applied knowledge and experience with C++, QT 4.x or 5.x, Data Distribution Service (DDS), Java and Python;
- Applied knowledge and experience in Visual Studio performing object-oriented design, software development, and lifecycle support;
- Applied knowledge and experience in UNIX based operating systems, SQL, Eclipse RCP, CMMI, software Systems Engineering; and
- Prior military service with an Electronic Warfare or Radar Systems related background.
Why work here?
SRC Canada offers a comprehensive salary, vacation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer who understands that diversity generates innovation and is critical to the success of a growing organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations, detailing why you are right for this position and referencing the job title in the subject line to our recruiting partners at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more about SRC Canada and SRC Inc. by visiting their website.
The competition will remain open until the positions are filled. We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Business Sherpa Group
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.