Founded in 1983, Bishop Hamilton Montessori School is a CCMA-accredited, not-for-profit independent school offering a Christian Montessori education to approximately 200 students in the Ottawa area.
At Bishop Hamilton we believe that all children are competent, capable, curious, and rich in potential. In keeping with Montessori pedagogy, our program places the child at the centre of the learning environment and supports children’s learning, development, health and well-being through caring and responsive Montessori-trained educators who focus on active learning, exploration and inquiry.
Our school is truly a community; a place where students, staff and parents work together to integrate values such as excellence, respect, learning, faith and commitment into daily life.
Join Our Team
We’re currently searching for a skilled and passionate Special Education Teacher for the upcoming school year. In this role you’ll work one-on-one with our exceptional students, and function as our resident Special Educational Needs expert.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Plan and implement individualized sessions with children ranging in age from 3 to 9 years.
- Develop and maintain Individualized Support Plans for our identified students.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to provide in-class supports for identified students.
- Communicate closely with parents, sharing knowledge and demonstrating a compassionate and highly supportive approach.
- Produce formative and summative student assessments.
- Participate in field trips, school events and activities, contributing to the School Community and spirit.
- Create a caring, nurturing and engaging environment within the Resource Room (your classroom).
- A degree in Education.
- Special Educational Needs training (Special Education Part 1, 2.).
- Supplementary training in executive functioning coaching, ASD and developmental delay, and other specializations, is a significant asset.
- Supplementary training in the Barton or S.M.T. (Simultaneous Multisensory Teaching) programs is a significant asset
- Highly skilled at engaging exceptional primary-age children in academic and social skills development.
- Forward-thinking; enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the latest in SEN teaching and learning strategies.
- A proactive, professional and compassionate approach to communicating and collaborating with parents.
- A true team player; eager to support classroom teachers with accommodations and strategies.
- A natural affinity for the student-centric principles at the heart of Montessori education.
- Energetic, passionate and caring.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collegial and easy to work with; flexible and adaptable; keen to learn and develop as an educational professional.
Hours & Compensation
- 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Please apply through LinkedIn here. We appreciate the interest of all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You can learn more about us on our website here.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.