The Syracuse Research Corporation (SRC) is an independent, not-for-profit, R&D corporation headquartered in New York. At SRC, we apply science, technology, information and relentless determination to solve the “impossible.” We find solutions using bright minds, fresh thinking and fearless innovation grounded in 60 years of experience in Defence, Environment and Intelligence.
About SRC Canada
We’ve expanded our presence to Canada with the recent establishment of SRC Can, and we’re currently building a high-performance team of engineers in our Ottawa office. Our work is helping to shape the future Defence and Intelligence Information architectures that will support the Canadian Armed Forces and its allies.
Electronic Warfare Systems Engineers
As an EW Systems Engineer with SRC Canada you’ll apply systems engineering methodology, conducting applied research and development in electronic warfare modelling and simulation technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a small, dynamic R&D group working on highly complex and critical technical problems. In this role you’ll learn, collaborate with the best minds, and have a significant impact on the group’s mission.
As an ideal candidate for this role you have a background in software engineering or computational mathematics coupled with a strong systems engineering orientation. You’re smart, easy to work with, quick to learn, and you crave challenging work.
- Performs assignments involving relatively few complex variables for which there are precedents.
- Assists in the preparation of technical specifications and other documents for internal or client use.
- Searches literature; conducts surveys and experimental tests; collects, analyzes, and summarizes data.
- Captures system and functional designs using model-bases systems engineering methods.
- Provides ideas to team to contribute to achievement of team goals.
- Prepare and present technical and project status briefings to the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree (with 3+ years’ experience) or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline such as software engineering, computer science, mathematics, computational mathematics, or physics;
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements for a Government of Canada Secret (Level 2) Security Clearance;
- Flexible, adaptable positive – thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong initiative, independent thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal; proficiency in French is an asset;
- Proven ability to work on multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working with Electronic Warfare technology.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, systems engineering methodologies, processes and tools.
Why work here?
SRC Canada offers a comprehensive salary, vacation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer who understands that diversity generates innovation and is critical to the success of a growing organization. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations, detailing why you are right for this position and referencing the job title in the subject line to our recruiting partners at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more about SRC Canada and SRC Inc. by visiting their website.
The competition will remain open until the positions are filled. We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Business Sherpa Group
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.