Over the past three decades Kilmarnock Enterprise has become one of the most diversified end-to-end industry solution providers. Kilmarnock Enterprise services a wide array of industrial and manufacturing clients in Canada, the US, and Sweden. Drawing on our diverse experience working across all major industries we’ve built our reputation for quality and reliability. Currently, we are looking for a seasoned Senior Project Manager to join our growing team in Smiths Falls.
The Senior Project Manager will be fully accountable for the success of customer projects. Provide leadership by motivating and developing team members. Seek opportunities to drive change and improvements which result in a culture of high productivity to ensure successful project outcomes. Having ultimate accountability, responsible for communicating and working with all stakeholders including the client, operations, finance, business development (BD) and any other stakeholders to ensure successful completion of all milestones and final delivery of the product or service.
- Must promote good working relationships and facilitate and promote effective cross functional working relationships.
- Actively feed the short-term pipeline and follow-up with clients on submitted quotes
- Develop and foster client relationships and identify new opportunities for business, notifying the BD team of potential opportunities.
- Working closely with BD, participate in the proposal development process, proposal review, review of T&C’s and debriefing with BD/Senior Management (SM) Team when required.
- Identify potential risks and develop a risk register during the quote using the opportunity risk evaluation checklist.
- Evaluate the likelihood, severity, cost, and mitigation plan for any identified risk through the lifecycle of the project. Establish project scope, cost, schedule, and resource requirements.
- Ensure purchase order and/or written authorization to proceed is obtained prior to project commencement.
- Prepare job routers when required and/or ensure clear and successful handover to project supervisors and stakeholders.
- Review shop, installation, and erection drawings with design manager. Communicate any issues or concerns with all stakeholders.
- Track and manage all scope change. Proactively seek approval for any and all additional costs from the client.
- Prepare accurate and timely project summary reports and metrics. Distribute project summary reports to all Stakeholders including Client, SMT, Project Team.
- Ensure accurate invoices are prepared and submitted when required and in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Track accounts receivable (AR) proactively to ensure payments are made according to agreed terms
- Ensure timecards are submitted daily.
- Direct and participate in weekly schedule resource assignments and alignment.
- Obtain applicable permits, preparing change orders, prepare employee and subcontractor agreements.
- Obtain supplier quotes and coordinate Purchase Orders thru purchasing group.
- Involve and participate with all H&S representatives and Project Supervisor to develop overall Site Hazard Assessment.
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews for functional reports, evaluating against KPIs and development goals.
- Build a positive, engaging work environment and create strong relationships with one another and with clients.
- Manage site meetings, all on-site personnel, paperwork, and any other documents generated by project.
- Remove obstacles, facilitate productivity and commitment, motivate team members, delegate responsibility.
- Promote strong team atmosphere and recognition for individuals and teams and help individuals achieve identified goals that align with company objectives.
- Responsible for closing out the project and conduct lessons learned and post job review at the conclusion of the project and complete identified actions.
- Prepare and complete non-conformance reports (NCR) and continuous improvement ideas through the lifecycle of the project. Identify and implement best practices.
- File copies of all project correspondence in the appropriate project folders on the network.
- Participate in weekly Project Management/Operation Team meetings.
- Conduct regular site visits and assess overall performance of all stakeholders and project team.
Required Skills and Training
- Must have at least 5 – 10 years of experience in previous project role
- Must have proven track record and 5 years experience in managing/leading teams both directly and indirectly
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or a combination of trades qualifications in welding, millwrighting and/or machining along with PM designation
- Must have familiarity with budgeting, spreadsheets, project management, performance management, hiring, coaching and supervision
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Microsoft Project
To apply, please submit your resume and covering letter to our recruitment partners by email Conor at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Kilmarnock Enterprise, please visit our website.
Kilmarnock Enterprise respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation throughout the recruitment and hiring processes.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.