Nuvyyo, makers of the Tablo OTA DVR for cord cutters (tablotv.com), is looking for a Firmware Developer for our Tablo OTA DVR products. In this role, you will work on existing products as well as exciting opportunities to innovate on our next generation lineup. We are looking for self-starters who will hit the ground running from day one.
We're a small team that cares deeply about building the best user experiences. We sweat the details from the UI all the way down to the well-tested codebase. There’s never a shortage of interesting and challenging work to get done. We all wear a lot of hats, and you will too. We’re constantly experimenting with new tools, technology, and chipsets, right now we are working with ARC and ARM based chipsets. We also use GitHub, Slack, and Clubhouse for planning and collaborating.
What You’ll Do
- Board bring-up on Linux based embedded systems, including customization to support packages.
- Work with new processors and SoCs (Amlogic, Nvidia, Intel, Realtek…).
- Participate in design and development of our next generation Tablo OTA DVR products.
- Assist in the enhancement of existing applications and tools.
- Provide kernel driver support for peripherals (e.g. Ethernet, USB, HDMI, PCIe, SATA, eMMC, I2C, Wi-Fi).
What You’ll Bring
- A strong command of the C programming language and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of or experience with open-source build systems (e.g., Android build system (AOSP), buildroot, Yocto).
- 2+ years of Linux SW development and BSP experience.
- Development experience with non-mainstream architectures and cross compilation (e.g. ARC, ARM).
- Basic understanding of multimedia technologies including, encoders, players, and transcoders (e.g. AC3, AAC, H.264, H.265, MPEG-2).
- Experience with FFmpeg library or similar media transcode frameworks is a plus.
Working at Nuvyyo
Beyond a competitive salary and benefits package, Nuvyyo offers a relaxed office environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, and fun. We are located in the heart of Kanata's technology hub with free parking and easy access to transit.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for our innovative start-up company, but we will only acknowledge those applicants to whom we will offer an interview.
Interested applicants should prepare a resume and cover letter and submit them here.
Nuvyyo respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.