Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinical Specialist (1 Year Term Contract)
Looking for a career opportunity with an established and reputable national organization that makes a real difference in women’s health, values its employees and offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a hybrid working from home program?
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) ongoing mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education. The SOGC has over 4,000 members, comprised of obstetricians, gynaecologists, family physicians, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals working in the field of sexual reproductive health.
Since 1944, the SOGC continues to be a leading national and international authority on women’s reproductive health and on evidence-based training and education. The SOGC leads the development of 12-17 clinical practice guidelines per year and hosts 3 regional continuing medical education meetings and an Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference. These events attract a diverse group of delegates that include women’s health care providers, researchers, educators and policy makers, who have the opportunity to network, learn and share information and ideas. These events also facilitate the identification of critical gaps in the field through needs assessments that inform future curricula and program development.
The SOGC has recently launched its own online e-learning platform, which hosts accredited interactive courses, including virtual communities of practice, for members and non-members around the world.
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinical Specialist assists the Chief Scientific Officer to lead and develop content related to obstetrics, gynaecology and sexual and reproductive health for healthcare providers, for patients and for the public.
- Leads and coordinates the development and implementation of a number of projects related to sexual and reproductive health across the organization and in partnership with stakeholder groups;
- Prepares and manages the budgets for funded projects;
- Drafts progress and project completion reports;
- Follows-up on action items;
- Oversees activities of clinical committees;
- Develops meeting agendas and meeting minutes;
- Develops content related to obstetrics, gynaecology and sexual and reproductive health for healthcare providers, for patients and for the public;
- Creates and reviews clinical content and resources, including statements, clinical practice guidelines and public education materials;
- Maintains internal and external collaborations and partnerships;
- Other duties as required by the CSO.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, including work planning and budget tracking;
- Health professional degree;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of the field of obstetrics, gynaecology and sexual and reproductive health;
- Knowledge of, and experience writing project reports;
- Adaptability to changing or evolving policies and priorities as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Focused on quality assurance and strong attention to detail; and
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with others while promoting cooperation and partnerships between individuals and groups.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work weekends and overtime
- Some travel will be required
Please clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position in your application/cover letter.
The SOGC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. SOGC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.