Academic Programs Specialist - Bilingual - Regular Full-Time Position
Looking for a career opportunity with an established and reputable national organization that makes a real difference in women’s health, values its employees and offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a hybrid working from home program?
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) ongoing mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education.
The SOGC has over 4,000 members, comprised of obstetricians, gynaecologists, family physicians, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals working in the field of sexual reproductive health.
Since 1944, the SOGC continues to be a leading national and international authority on women’s reproductive health and on evidence-based training and education. The SOGC leads the development of 12-17 clinical practice guidelines per year and hosts 3 regional continuing medical education meetings and an Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference. These events attract a diverse group of delegates that include women’s health care providers, researchers, educators and policy makers, who have the opportunity to network, learn and share information and ideas. These events also facilitate the identification of critical gaps in the field through needs assessments that inform future curricula and program development.
The SOGC has recently launched its own online e-learning platform, which hosts accredited interactive courses, including virtual communities of practice, for members and non-members around the world.
The Academic Programs Specialist facilitates the development and implementation of key aspects of the SOGC’s academic programs, including research, education and training at all stages of practice. This position is in Ottawa.
- Oversees and supports the work of the Academic Council and its related committees
- Coordinates all activities of Academic Council including postgraduate program directors, undergraduate program directors, content development for academic days at events, resident practice multiple choice exam, and Best of the Best abstract program
- Works with the Academic Council to develop and implement a strategic plan for the academic programs in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Leads the implementation of SOGC academic programs and supports the development of innovative education and training opportunities, including online courses and hands-on programs
- Oversees the process and selection of Academic awards
- Works with SOGC CSO and Directors to develop and monitor the academic program budget
- Communicates regularly with departments of obstetrics and gynaecology across Canada regarding Academic Council and SOGC initiatives
- Oversees the Promotion of the Specialty Committee and coordinates the annual Medical Student Program
- Oversees the SOGC Resident Committee and facilitates the creation of resources for residents
- Oversees the Abstract Program
- Identifies opportunities for external funding for educational innovation, supports the preparation of funding applications and in the execution of funded projects
- Establishes and/or maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as needed by CSO
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS
- MUST HAVE a University degree in Science, Health or Education – Post-graduate degree preferred
- Demonstrates experience in managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Has experience in project management, including work planning and budgets
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of the field of women’s reproductive health
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Focuses on quality assurance and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint)
- Is a team player
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work weekends and overtime
- Ability to work evenings from home via teleconference 2-6 hours per month
- Some travel may be required
If you're interested in this position, please apply using this link.
Please clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position in your application/cover letter.
The SOGC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. SOGC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.