The Conference Board of Canada is a Health research hub that leads new groundbreaking research initiatives. We produce evidence-based research in areas such as mental health, employee wellbeing, occupational health and safety and heath care.
Our Ideal Candidate has deep research experience in related fields such as mental health, wellness, and physical and psychological health and safety. We are looking for someone with strong leadership capabilities and project management skills as this role will provide leadership and direction on a variety of custom research projects. Our ideal candidate can build relationships with key leaders in both the public and private sectors and identify and deliver on new opportunities. The successful candidate will demonstrate foresight and mature judgement, analytical and advanced writing skills, as well as energy, passion and commitment.
We are a virtual organization and as a remote worker you must be comfortable and able to work 100 per cent of the time from a home office. To be successful as a remote worker you need to have a self-starter attitude, possess strong organizational and time management skills and be a proactive communicator.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Provide vision and leadership in advancing and growing workplace health related research and programs.
- Oversee and lead research projects of varying complexity applying appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative research methods (e.g., literature reviews, interviews, surveys, comparative case studies, fieldwork, and statistical models).
- Produce high quality, well written research reports, executive summaries, blogs and data visualizations, for senior executives, decision makers, and the public.
- Manage an annual budget and actively participate in the business planning process.
- Identify and secure funding for new research.
- Develop and maintain systems to track progress of research projects and stakeholder outreach.
- Provide leadership to the Council on Workplace Health and Wellness and Centre for Health and Safety and facilitate dialogue among executives from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
- Function as a lead subject matter expert and speak with authority and credibility at conferences, seminars, roundtables and media interviews related to workplace health research.
- Actively contribute and participate in a dynamic and highly productive team environment.
- Produce high quality work and demonstrate professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a related field such as Psychology, Sociology or Health Sciences.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience across all phases of research projects, from developing workplans and methodologies to preparing products for knowledge dissemination.
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated success in dealing with complex research issues in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong network of contacts of relevant senior leaders and peer organizations.
- Proven success at business development including the capacity to identify and implement new growth opportunities.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and quickly - advanced writing skills are essential and published work would be a definite asset.
- Proven success at managing a team of professional staff.
- Ability to set priorities, work under pressure, deliver high quality products and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple responsibilities and deliverables.
- Strong sense of teamwork, professionalism and customer focus.
- Experience with technical software such as SPSS or other statistical analysis programs and NVivo.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Having a home office environment that provides for a productive, professional, and safe work environment during regular working hours is a requirement of this role.
Please apply through the LinkedIn posting, which you can access here.
No phone calls please. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in The Conference Board of Canada. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, or a medical need, in order to participate in any aspect of the selection process.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.