Northern Counselling & Therapeutic Services (NCTS) specializes in providing mental health services to Northern and Indigenous communities, organizations, governments and businesses. We believe in multidisciplinary, culturally safe and collaborative approaches that help our clients to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
NCTS is growing rapidly, and we are looking to bring on a Part-time Bookkeeper to join our team.
Reporting to Accounting and Finance Manager, the part-time bookkeeper will perform clerical, bookkeeping, and accounting assignments and assist in preparing accounting statements and financial reports.
Schedule, Term & Compensation
- Up to 15 hours per week.
- 1-year contract with the possibility of extension.
- $28 per hour.
- Record financial transactions, invoices and travel claims.
- Post journal entries to general ledger.
- Generate summary sheets to be used by supervisor.
- Proof travel reports and invoices for clerical accuracy.
- Allocate expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient in with QBO.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software. Especially in Excel.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software.
Education & Experience
- Three to five years of related experience required.
- Post secondary education in accounting or a related field is desirable.
- Work from home.
- Semi-monthly in-person meetings and in-person training to be attended in Ottawa.
To apply, follow this link to apply via LinkedIn. Please submit a resume and cover letter (in one document) outlining how you meet the asked for qualifications and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
NCTS particularly welcomes and encourages interested Indigenous candidates to apply.
NCTS respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.