RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep ocean.
As a Calibration Manager at RBR, you will be responsible for our lab which specializes in temperature, pressure, and conductivity, to the limits of what is possible. Come help us develop processes, automate everything, and produce traceable calibration certs. Working collaboratively with research and development, production, and customer service, you will enable the delivery of high quality oceanographic instruments and sensors to our customers.
Over the last five years, we’ve grown 20% annually and are now ~70 people. We’ve been recognized for three years by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
We provide a balanced work environment complete with a very competitive compensation package.
- Manage calibration staff: ensure high level of competence, provide feedback through periodic performance evaluations, ensure staffing levels are in accordance with growth plans
- Coordinate calibration resources to execute to meet production and/or product delivery schedules
- Lead and initiate improvement projects in the calibration lab in order to increase process efficiency and capacity while maintaining a high level of quality
- Responsible for ensuring traceability of measurement systems and the integrity of measuring equipment
- Develop, implement, and maintain accurate, efficient calibration procedures
- Ensure calibration staff are trained on calibration procedures and metrology methods
- Prepare reports on calibration KPIs and any project related progress
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience, preferably in a high-tech manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of the theory of metrology and traceable calibration (ISO/IEC 17025) and quality systems
- Experience creating & implementing lab procedures and documentation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Experience in project management will be considered an asset
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that explains why you want to work at RBR and what you can uniquely contribute to the team. Please submit this through our application website linked here. In addition, as part of our screening process, we require you to complete a personality profile questionnaire using this link.
For more information about RBR, visit our website.