Barrhaven Optometric Centre is a full-scope, optometric practice offering exceptional eye care services. Our mission is to enhance and protect our community’s most precious sense: its vision. When our practice first opened its doors in 1979, we knew we wanted to be a positive force for change in our community. Every day since then, we have dedicated all of our energy to serving the people around us through exceptional eye care services.
As one of largest Optometric Clinics in Eastern Ontario, we are looking for a Clinic Director to join our team and manage the overall business operations of two locations located in the Ottawa area: Barrhaven and Manotick Optometric Centres. This position promotes a climate of success and the highest level of customer service through strong supportive leadership and proven business acumen.
- Management of Clinic business operations optimizing employee satisfaction, productivity, customer service and the financial health of the business
- Reporting to the Clinic Partners, establishes key business metrics and ensures development/maintenance of systems to track and report business financial performance.
- Captures and reviews sales/marketing data to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and issues and makes recommendations to the Partners to improve business performance
- Leads and directs the management team in development and implementation of clinic operational plans including systems, processes, and resources to meet business needs
- Ensures preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts, projections, KPIs and other relevant data and reports
- Reviews fee schedule for services and products and recommends increases or changes as required
- Management of the human resources function including the recruitment/selection, compensation, payroll and benefits administration, performance management, employee development and succession planning
- Leads and develops clinic talent with proven progressive management skills, coaching, feedback and development
- Oversees the inventory management processes and systems and manages key supplier relationships
- Accountable for the building and equipment maintenance and housekeeping standards
- Develops, implements and maintains Clinic policies and procedures
- Ensures adherence to health and safety requirements, compliance and maintenance of a safe work environment
- Minimum University degree in business or other-related program or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 yrs. experience in the Management of Clinic Operations or similar leadership position within an equivalent business sector
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated ability to show initiative and an excellent sense of customer service standards
- Proven progressive leadership skills and experience with a commitment to employee growth and development
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective business and human resources policies and practices
- Strong financial acumen including reporting and data analysis
- Adaptable with a proven ability to multi-task, set priorities and deliver results
- Effective team player with the ability to apply the specialized principles and practices of Clinic Management in directing the daily operation of the practice, thereby allowing the practitioners the time necessary to carry out their profession
- Well-versed in business and accounting principles
- Optical and clinical best practices knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of proven principles and processes for providing exceptional customer services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
- Proven ability to analyze processes and information and identify problems, opportunities and trends and develop effective solutions and strategies
- Effective problem solver and with established conflict management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email, and Optical software knowledge preferred)
Please submit a resume and covering letter to email@example.com quoting CD-20.
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Barrhaven and Manotick Optometric Centres please visit our website.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.