Do you enjoy making business connections? Are you an active member of the FinTech, SaaS or tech community? Do you have strong written and verbal communication skills? Do you enjoy organizing and delivering on-line and in-person events? If so, this position may be of interest to you.
Information Venture Partners is growing its team and is looking for a Community and Marketing Manager. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter, who shares our vision and can bring unique and complementary skills to our Toronto-based team. Our goal is to continue to build a world-class venture capital franchise. We have C$235M under management across two funds and are investing from our third fund. Our first fund is fully liquid and had high profile exits from Verafin (sold to Nasdaq) and Adaptive Insights (sold to Workday), yielding a top tier return for our investors. Your research will reveal that we focus on investing in early stage B2B FinTech and Enterprise SaaS companies, and our team is driven by a desire to back entrepreneurs who are unlocking innovation and redefining these markets.
About this role
The role will have two core areas of focus: 1) Community: growing our relationships with early stage start-up investment communities and other stakeholders; 2) Marketing: supporting the team on execution elements of the firm’s marketing and communication strategies. More specifically, this role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Mapping out and establishing a cadence of interactions with the ecosystem of early-stage start-up investment communities, including incubators, accelerators, seed-stage investors, and angels
- Building and managing pipelines of start-up companies and potential co-investors in our sector
- Researching/assisting the partners of the firm with building a pipeline of potential fund investors
- Planning and executing online and in-person events for targeted audience groups
- Coordinating development of and managing the distribution of creative written and graphic content, including blog posts, newsletters and thought leadership articles or white papers
- Managing the on-line (web and social media) presence of the firm, coordinating website updates, posting regular short-form content and supporting team to maintain their social media profiles
- Assisting in development of presentations and other materials for use in a) community engagement, b) sourcing activities during the investment process and c) in fund raising/investor relations activities with existing and prospective fund investors
- Developing and managing a calendar of both internally sponsored and external events, aimed to expand the firm’s reach in North America
An ideal candidate would have
- Bachelor’s degree or college certificate with demonstrated academic excellence
- 4-5 years of experience exposed to/working in a community or marketing role
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Strong ability to communicate complex content in a compelling manner
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated experience engaging with online communities on social media
- Project management skills – involvement with branding/web design initiatives are a plus
- Exposure to tech, venture capital, or B2B FinTech or Enterprise SaaS sectors is a plus
Are you a Community Manager, Platform Manager or Fund Operations Associate at a venture capital firm or hold a similar role at a company in our target sectors? Can you demonstrate achievement in your career and contribution to your community? Do you have an interest in venture capital or eagerness to learn? Finally, do you have community connections and a desire to expand those networks? If any of these apply, we would be interested in hearing from you.
It is important for us to work with like-minded people who are ethical, humble, hard-working, helpful, and driven to make a difference. We are a small team where you will have the opportunity to impact our outcomes. If you are interested, please write us a compelling cover letter and combine it with your resume into a single document (as LinkedIn will only accept a single attachment as part of your application). Apply through LinkedIn here.
Information Venture Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provide accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.