The Eclipse Foundation provides individuals and organizations with a business-friendly environment for open source software collaboration and innovation. The Foundation is home to the Eclipse IDE, Jakarta EE, and over 375 open source projects, including runtimes, tools, and frameworks for cloud and edge applications, IoT, AI, automotive, digital ledger technologies, and many others.
Reporting to the Marketing Team Lead, the Creative Lead will play an integral role in executing the global marketing strategy for the Eclipse Foundation. We are looking for a talented and innovative graphic designer to elevate our brands and to expand the Eclipse Foundation’s awareness and community through clean, modern, and pleasing design. If you are looking for an opportunity to have your work seen by millions of developers the world over, this is the job for you!
The successful candidate will be a highly creative and enthusiastic self-starter who strives for excellence, with a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of technical and business stakeholders and team members. This position requires a global outlook, attention to detail, relationship building, and exceptional project management skills.
- Deliver innovative, fresh, and exceptional designs to the highest standards
- Execute all design concepts and deliverables to established timelines with minimal supervision, including graphics, logos, web, video, and promotional assets
- Grow the awareness of and participation in the Eclipse Foundation community and projects by elevating our brand through great design
- Evolve and ensure consistency and integrity behind the Eclipse Foundation’s brands and brand guidelines
- Collaborate with marketing team members, internal stakeholders, and external agencies to support our content marketing (e.g., designing eBooks, white papers, social media assets, and more)
- Generate new ideas for design and content creation using your expertise and great design eye
- Capture, edit, and produce photos and videos in the office and on location at conferences, trade shows, and events as projects dictate
- Design, implement, and maintain presentation templates, signage, and trade show collateral as needed
- Develop and maintain a production calendar and the team responsible for hitting those deadlines
- Improve the Foundation’s creative workflow and processes to build a top-notch operation that meets the needs of our community
University Bachelor’s degree (Fine Arts or graphic design) or equivalent working experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Past work either as an in-house designer or at a marketing agency. Work samples will be required during the selection process for this position.
- Must be mature, confident, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple external stakeholders in a uniquely democratic design review and approval process.
- Demonstrated experience and impact in using images, video, and podcasting for web, print, and social media.
- Proven ability to manage your own time successfully and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have a positive and open attitude with the drive to continually up your game through industry benchmarking and research.
- Exceptional attention to detail and receptiveness to feedback are essential.
- Must have experience successfully maintaining and executing a variety of web, print and social media assignments for conceptual stages through delivery and follow-up evaluation.
- Advanced video and audio recording and editing experience is preferred.
- Must have good video project management skills and have a strong understanding of content marketing best practices, trends and innovations.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) or similar technologies
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X or similar technologies
- Experience with Google Suite products, including Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc.
- Experience with social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
Please use our online application platform linked here to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eclipse Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Upon request we will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.