CANARIE connects Canada to the world. Our programs equip researchers, students, and startups in Canada to excel on the global stage.
Together with our 13 provincial and territorial partners, we form Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). This ultra-high-speed network connects Canada’s researchers, educators, and innovators to each other and to global data, technology, and colleagues.
To strengthen the security of Canada’s research and education sector, we collaborate with our partners in the NREN, government, academia, and the private sector to fund, implement, and support cybersecurity initiatives. We also provide identity management services to the academic community and boost Canada’s startups with cloud resources and expertise in emerging technologies.
Established in 1993, CANARIE is a non-profit corporation, with most of our funding provided by the Government of Canada.
Who We Are
We’re a small team of dedicated thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Our team is positive, passionate, and collaborative.
We work with Canada’s higher-ed community, private sector, and government partners to ensure that Canada’s bright researchers and entrepreneurs benefit from the technologies and tools that are critical to their success. Together with our partners across the country, we work to ensure that Canada leads in research and innovation.
The Position: Data Analytics Developer
The Data Analytics Developer will be accountable for developing and implementing data-driven analytics strategies that help improve program or business performance. The Data Analytics Developer will be driving the collection, interpretation, analysis, and presentation of data to make informed decisions that support the CANARIE's objectives.
This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to CANARIE’s Senior Director Applications.
- Developing data-driven strategies that improve business performance
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the CANARIE's data landscape, including data sources, data models, and data governance policies
- Developing and implementing data analytics processes that ensure data accuracy, integrity, and consistency across all sources
- Partnering with stakeholders to define data requirements, build data models, and develop reports that enable data-driven decision-making
- Developing and implementing predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and other statistical tools to forecast business outcomes
- Developing and implementing data visualization tools that analyze complex data sets to identify trends, patterns, and insights that inform business decisions
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop and implement business intelligence tools that provide timely and accurate insights into programs and services
- Staying up to date with emerging trends in data analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Travel may occasionally be required
- Related duties and responsibilities, as required
The Ideal Candidate
To excel at CANARIE, you have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively on teams and are also an energetic self-starter with the self-motivation to work independently. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can count time management, problem solving, and managing multiple priorities as your strengths. You also share a dedication to CANARIE’s core values: service, teamwork, inclusion, innovation, quality, and integrity.
Relevant experience in publicly funded not-for-profit organizations is desirable. Bilingualism is preferred.
What You Bring
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a suitable combination of education, experience, or other relevant training
- Minimum of 7 years relevant progressive experience
- Experience building and maintaining data-driven solutions
- Proven experience as a developer and managing data analytics systems
- Ability to present complex data analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to learn new platforms, programming languages, and technologies
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Strong technical skills in data modeling, statistical analysis, and business intelligence tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, predictive modeling, and data mining techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Come Work with Us
We are committed to employment equity and encourage anyone who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
If this seems to be the right fit for you, please send a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position title in your subject. We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.