The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) ongoing mission is to promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and education.
Looking for a career opportunity with an established and reputable national organization that makes a real difference in women’s health, values its employees and offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a hybrid working from home program? Then we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Director of Business Development and Membership to join our team and drive business opportunities with new and established partner. As a passionate and results-oriented individual, you a have a willingness to embrace change, adapt strategies on the fly and are seeking an opportunity to make a meaningful impact in women’s health.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll own the end-to-end business development and member services of SOGC. This includes planning and building short-term and long-term revenue pipelines by setting and implementing strategic goals to actively secure the SOGC’s long-term financial growth and the delivery of quality member services.
- Identify, research, and develop new revenue-generating opportunities for the SOGC which enhance and promote member service offerings including private sector funding, grants and government programs
- Monitor and advise on best ethical practice in relationships with industry
- Maintain open and constructive relationships with sponsors and partners, to develop mutually successful partnerships
- Manage the Contraceptive Compassionate Care Program, support the Brand Recognition Program and coordinate exhibits during SOGC conferences
- Lead the association’s overall efforts to recruit, retain, and engage membership while having oversight of all membership data.
- Oversee all budgeting and forecasting for the department including invoicing elements for sponsored initiatives
- Supervise, coach, and develop the business development and membership team
- Other duties as required
- 7+ years experience in a comparable role overseeing business acquisition and customer/member services
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain strong partner relationships
- Ability to execute complex projects to completion including follow up and feedback
- Strategic understanding of marketing and social media technologies, uses, and best practices
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking with knowledge and ability to gather and interpret data and trends
- Impressive collaborative, communication, organizational and strategic skills
- Ability to work in both official languages is highly desired
- Experience working with Health Professionals is an asset
Should you be interested in this position, please submit a cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications and your resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The SOGC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. SOGC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.