Based in Europe, the Eclipse Foundation is one of the world’s largest open source software foundations, with a proven track record of enabling community-led and industry-ready open source innovation earned over nearly 2 decades. The Eclipse Foundation is home to more than 425 high impact projects and collaborations including the Eclipse IDE, Adoptium, Software Defined Vehicle (SDV), MicroProfile, IoT and Jakarta EE. Supported by over 350 members globally, the Eclipse Foundation has an established international reach and reputation.
Dataspaces consist of a federated network of trusted connections for sharing data to foster information sharing for mutual benefit. Dataspaces are a critical element in the European Union’s strategy for creating a culture of innovation built on European privacy and data sovereignty values. The mission of the newly formed Eclipse Dataspace Working Group (WG) is to provide a forum for individuals and organizations to build and promote open source software, specifications, and open collaboration models needed to create scalable, modular, extensible, industry-ready open source components based on open standards for dataspaces.
The Eclipse Dataspace WG will focus on participating in standards development, implementation, and onboarding of existing open source projects including the Eclipse Dataspace Components project, and guiding associated projects in alignment with the overarching goal of supporting a broad ecosystem of interoperable dataspaces.
If you are curious and are looking for an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the global trusted data sharing ecosystems, this is the job for you!
The Eclipse Dataspaces Program Manager will collaborate with working group members and the WG’s Steering Committee to define and execute the global strategy for projects related to dataspaces at the Eclipse Foundation. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with defining, setting up, and operating data spaces based on concepts from standards organisations such as the International Data Spaces Association (IDSA). The preferred candidate will also have a background building and nurturing open source or other communities.
- Work from where you are, this is a remote position that can be located anywhere in Europe.
- Work within the Eclipse Dataspaces community to manage and coordinate with members, facilitating the successful delivery of working group priorities, including, but not limited to, participating in standards development, and implementing and onboarding open source projects
- Engage directly with developers and business leaders within the Eclipse Dataspaces community to understand, coordinate and facilitate working group objectives
- Collaborate with the Eclipse Foundation team, including IT, infrastructure, security and marketing in support of Dataspace-related open source projects
- Foster collaboration and community growth by organizing hackathons, code camps, webinars, and committer meetups
- Play an active role in the Eclipse Dataspaces working group’s interactions with external projects, developers, standards bodies and foundations
- Actively recruit companies, including adopters to join the Eclipse Dataspaces working group
- Recruit and engage committers to work on the top technical priorities of the working group
- Define, implement, and promote programs that encourage open collaboration within the Eclipse Dataspaces ecosystem and the industry at large; and that raise awareness about Eclipse Dataspaces projects
- Work with the community to support project releases and associated deliverables including website, marketplace, documentation, marketing materials, testimonials and social media content
- Build close working relationships with companies, organizations and individuals within the Eclipse Dataspaces community
- Monitor the health of the Eclipse Dataspaces related projects and ecosystem, and report to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Travel to related conferences and events to represent the working group and the Foundation
Desired Skills And Experience
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and experience working with data protocol specifications and their standardization
- A solid understanding of open source communities, community development, collaboration models and technologies
- Experience with participating in open source projects (either as a committer, maintainer, contributor, or community manager) is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience writing high impact materials
- Demonstrated ability to work within a community to guide and complete projects/initiatives in a timely manner
- Demonstrated success in engaging with and influencing developers and/or line of business and technical leaders
- Public speaking/presentation experience, both in person and virtual settings
- Fluent in English with proven proficiency of working in an English business environment
- Existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms including X (formerly know as Twitter), Mastodon and LinkedIn
Sounds like a good fit for you? If so, apply through this link to apply via LinkedIn.
We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about the Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at eclipse.org.
The Eclipse Foundation respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.