For more information about RBR, visit our website at www.rbr-global.com
RBR creates instruments to measure the blue planet. From the ocean abyss to the polar ice cap, our sensors track water parameters such as temperature, depth, salinity, dissolved gases, and many others. RBR equipment enables researchers to develop innovative measurement solutions that are deployed in the surf zone, mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, towed behind boats, and sent to the bottom of the deep ocean.
Currently, we are looking to hire an Electronics Assembler for a full-time permanent position. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, you will be a hands-on individual who has the ability to work independently and produce high quality product. As part of a small team of technical experts, you must be dedicated, an effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Over the last five years, we’ve grown 20% annually and are now ~70 people. We’ve been recognised for three years by Growth 500 and have won a Best Ottawa Business Award.
- Building electromechanical assemblies with high levels of quality;
- Reading and understanding process documentation, bills of materials (BOM), drawings and electrical schematics to assemble product;
- Performing high quality soldering using soldering tools, microscope, and other equipment;
- Working in fast paced environment within a team to support process improvements and cross training initiatives;
- Mentoring less experienced team members as required;
- Working with Research and Development on new product introductions, with the ability to contribute to DFM initiatives;
- Maintaining a clean, organized workspace meeting 5S requirements;
- Adhering to all Health and Safety rules and regulations associated with the position.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Day shift;
- New, world class facility in the Kanata North Business Park;
- Working on intricate devices that assist in the fight against climate change;
- 4 weeks vacation plus shutdown between Christmas and New Years;
- Company bonus;
- Healthcare plan (80% medical, 80% basic dental, 50% major dental);
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in an electronics manufacturing environment;
- Must have extensive mechanical and electronics assembly experience;
- Highly competent in the use of assembly tools, crimping tools, automated equipment, multi meters, with good hand-eye coordination for small sensitive components;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- IPC-A-610 certified;
- Certified Technician (CTech) or General Education Degree (GED);
- Training in Electro Static Discharge (ESD), and Workplace Hazardous Information Systems (WHMIS);
- Demonstrated experience with fine soldering and high precision work;
- Proficient with computers as well as the capability to learn various programs a must;
- Well organized, team player with good communication skills.
To apply, you must prepare a cover letter that explains why you want to work at RBR and what you can uniquely contribute to the team. In addition, as part of our screening process, we require you to complete a personality profile questionnaire using this link. http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=61472
Please submit your application through our job posting site here. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.