We’re hiring! Come and join one of the fastest growing design services companies in Ottawa. BTA Design Services is looking for talented individuals to join our team. Be part of a company that offers interesting work in challenging, stimulating technical environments with companies that lead the world in technology and innovation.
We recognize that our strength is our people, so at BTA Design Services, we foster an environment where everyone on the team is appreciated, trusted and engaged. We also recognize that work/life balance is important, so we strive to provide our employees with roles that are challenging but also allow them to enjoy family, friends and life outside of work.
The Embedded Software Designer will interact with the system, software and hardware groups to work on the latest high-speed packet processing data plane technology.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re a dynamic and collaborative designer who’s easy to work with, quick to learn and keen to solve tough technical problems. You’re skilled in C and assembly, with significant experience working on L2/L3 datacom software applications. If you’re all those things and you have experience with Broadcom DNX chipsets, you might be the perfect candidate.
- Design and develop Layer 2 and 3 data plane applications on switch/router line cards
- Develop embedded software in C on Linux/VxWorks platforms
- Work with other HW/SW engineers to troubleshoot root cause and solve issues
- Identify and implement performance improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of relevant experience in embedded software development
- Extensive experience with C; knowledge of assembly is an asset
- Experience developing embedded software for: real-time Linux or VxWorks environments including multi-threading, IPC, mutual exclusion, synchronization and interrupt-handling
- Limited memory and CPU performance platforms
- Experience developing large-scale, reliable carrier-grade datacom software required
- Experience working in a lab and integrating software with custom hardware required
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills required
- Experience developing embedded L2/L3 data plane or control plane software preferred
- Experience developing, testing and debugging L2/L3 networking protocols preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of the following would be highly desired: drivers, Hardware Abstraction Layer for real-time control of data path chipsets; Broadcom DNX family of chipsets; exception path and OAM packet handling software; L2-L3 control plane protocols
Please apply through LinkedIn here. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
BUSINESS SHERPA GROUP
Strategic and operational professionals providing flexible consulting services to SMEs.