The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member-supported organization that hosts the world-class Eclipse Java IDE and over 375 Eclipse projects. The Foundation helps cultivate both an open-source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services.
Working closely with the members of the small yet effective IT team, you’ll play a key role in fulfilling the requirements of the Foundation and its large community of open-source developers. The Eclipse Foundation, one of the world’s largest open-source foundations, is seeking a Front-End Web Developer to aid us in our quest to further grow our service to our community, support open source and build cool stuff in an open and transparent environment.
Working in the open, our dynamic team of developers serves a broad set of stakeholders with a diverse and ever-changing set of technologies in a seamless and non-disruptive manner. Our track record is exemplary, and we are looking for someone to help us continue and expand this legacy of pragmatic and highly useful solutions. Do you have what it takes to stare down lurking deadlines, challenging requirements, and endless prioritizations in order to win the day?
If you answer a resounding YES, please read on!
- Design and develop code structures to promote reusability across web applications
- Contribute back to the open-source projects we’re consuming, as needed.
- Create landing pages, newsletter articles, banners, and edit existing web components
- Write and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation with your code
- Design and develop automated tests for front end components
- Meet with internal stakeholders to better understand and discuss requirements
- Learn new technologies to keep up with current trends and make recommendations on when they are appropriate to use.
Required Skills & Work Experience
- Experience developing applications with React
- Ability to write HTML and CSS
- Demonstrable experience in developing thorough unit tests and testable code
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with GitHub, GitLab, or other collaborative code forges
- Knowledge of SEO
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS
- 2+ year experience in web development
- Ability to read and understand Java written code
- Relational database experience
- Functional knowledge of Drupal and static site generators such as Hugo
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Ability to work with a great sense of autonomy within a geographically distributed team
- Being detail-oriented with great communication and collaboration skills
To apply, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter via LinkedIn here. We offer a competitive annual salary and comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website.
This is a permanent, full-time position, with the candidate eligible to participate in our competitive benefits package, including participating in our RRSP matching program.
The Eclipse Foundation respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.