Fuelled Networks, a top IT services company in Ottawa, is looking for an ambitious General Accountant – Office Administrator to provide general accounting with the general ledger, billing, and month end processing. This role also manages some purchasing and receiving, and office administrative tasks as required. You will be responsible to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the financial outcome of the organization and provide the optics required to ensure the company is fully aware of its financial condition.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Accurately record client invoices, employee expenses and supplier invoices, follow up to collect payment and ensure that supplier payments are made on time.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements and analyze balance sheet accounts on a regular basis.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Calculate employee bonus pay plans based on a set of prescribed criteria
- Prepare quarterly government remittances
- Manage payroll and benefits including all related remittances and reporting
- Solve accounting puzzles by researching and reconciling discrepancies and ensure that the accounting is in good order
- Update financial data in QuickBooks to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare year-end procedures for the accountant
- Assist with other accounting projects
Additional Job Duties
- Prepare purchase orders
- Administer the purchasing system.
- Utilize purchasing system for procurement of products.
- Work with Distribution to maintain viable relationships
- Return defective equipment to manufactures and vendors for replacement or new purchase
- Perform the receiving process on products as they arrive from manufacturers and vendors
- Receive incoming and ship outgoing products
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments of products
- Stock products and release to customers as needed
- Maintain product inventory in ConnectWise
- Create RMA’s for defective products or return as needed
- Receive RMA product into inventory or release to customer as needed
- Manage relationships with couriers Managing and coordinating office operations
- Will be responsible for working directly with clients
- This role is English essential, but French language skills would be an asset
- 4 years’ hands-on experience in accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, collections, financial statement preparation and payroll
- Excellent organizing abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- College or University Degree in accounting or finance
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced high-volume environment
- Strong English oral and written communications skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Commitment to professional development and lifelong learning; and
- Must be able to get security clearance
To apply for this position, please submit your application through our job posting site here. We thank all applicants for their interest in Fuelled Networks, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, confident top performer who thrives in a fast paced environment. They are a passionate self-starter with high energy who is comfortable multitasking and has a proven track record. They view challenges as opportunities and function with little internal help and support. They are sensitive to risk, fearless and inspire customers.